Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my '02 Navi a couple of days ago and started to check out the various features. We live in SC and once or twice a year we go see family in the Northeast. To stay away from the heavy East Coast traffic between DC and NY we stay inland on I77, I81 etc. and turn East at Newburgh NY through CT. Of course our Nav system insists on sliding up the Coast on I95 with all its toll roads and big city traffic. I found out about the 'Exclude Road' feature, but that turns out to be real tedious because it seems that it re-calculates and only then can you adjust the route again etc. Am I missing something or am I expecting too much? I used a laptop based system before with Delorme 'Road warrior' software which used manually inserted 'check points' as a means to roughly lay out a preferred route in case you knew what you wanted to circumvent.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Yes, you're expecting too much. The NAVI just isn't that customizable. On the other hand, it is quite happy to let you deviate from the route it suggests and it will recalculate immediately. (I use that a lot!)

There's also an "avoid major roads" button although I've never used it.

If you want to learn more about what the NAVI does well and does poorly, go over to the NAVI discussion area where there has been extensive discussion on it.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree, the deviate from route feature works great.
However, how do I get to the NAVI discussion area?

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
moose

Thanks. Don't know why I had not seen this before. Had a chance to get some experience with the Nav system this weekend. I am really getting to like it a lot.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
One way to do what Legend700 is trying to do would be to program several intermediate destinations that when strung together map the desired route. Save each intermediate point into the "Today's Destinations" button. The Navi will then route you to each in correct order, and you have your desired routing. If you don't reach all of the points in "Today's Destinations," Navi remembers them for the next day.

------------------

2001 EX-NAVI, SS
1997 Accord EX-L, Forest Green
Previous Hondas:
1992 Accord EX, White
1982 Accord DX, Silver

1 - 6 of 6 Posts