Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone, this is my first post but I've already received great information from this site as I de-paxed my 2005 Ody Touring.

My current problem is a small oil leak. I get a few drops of oil every day. The leak is concentrated on the frame near the front driver's tire. When looking between the radiator and engine from above, I see a hose with a metal fitting and hose clamp beneath the battery tray that might be getting loose. I don't know what this hose is going to. Engine oil towards the radiator? Is this hose leaking or something leaking onto it?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Tthats probably power steering fluid. Oil leak would be near passenger side.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That definitely makes more sense, but the fluid is dark like engine oil. The reason this hose caught my eye is that it's a threaded fitting but a hose is pushed onto it like it were a barbed fitting. Then it has a regular hose clamp, not a factory looking clamp. Maybe a previous owner was up to something.

I'll check transmission and power steering oil levels to see if I can find something.

Forgive me ignorance. I've had this car for 30,000 miles but haven't had to work under the hood.

If you look underneath the battery tray near the bottom of the radiator do you see 2 hoses? One of the hoses is the my leaking theory.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.