Honda Odyssey Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7,306 Posts
I did this not too long ago on my wife's 2002 EX. Unfastened the clamps around the formed rubber pieces molded onto the tubing, used a tubing wrench (14mm) to remove the flare fitting on the rack, and undid the topmost hose "clamp" and then the fitting on the power steering pump. Not counting the flare fitting, it's five (5) fasteners total, all 10mm.

Then, hooked up a bungee cord to the topmost end of this thing since I didn't have anybody helping me, and fed it across (driver's side to passenger side) and up and out the top. Lot of twisting and swearing, but I managed to avoid bending it.

Pro tip: with each successful movement towards removal, take a mental picture of the bottom, middle and top, and how it is threading through. Yes, that means sometimes crawling out from under the van several times and looking at it. That way, when you thread it through from top to bottom in reverse, you have an idea where the flare fitting is supposed to go.

Just did this job again tonight, this time on my 2003 EX. Started at 5:00 pm, just finished buttoning it up now. I forgot to buy a new gasket for the pressure switch, so I bathed that gasket in ATP AT-205, then re-installed. Hopefully no leaks in the long term.

Man, I'm sore from the gymnastics of sliding under the van. Getting too old for this. 😟😟😟

OF

·
Registered
12 Posts
Luckily my line was okay despite scraping some paint off the line when putting it back in. And the only replacement was the power steering pressure switch. If i would have tried harder getting that off without taking the line off first. I would of. For sure. Broken the line. Some scenarios you can. Most time you shouldnt try tho with the line still on imo.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts