Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, driving by a dealer in RI we saw a Mesa Beige EX on the lot. We drove it and liked it much better than our first test drive in a 2002 EXL -RES, which was quite rattley and bumpy.
The salesperson said the price was 27,190 even with the added on mudguards, cassette and wheel locks. Of course that was wrong and the price was really 27,727. They offered to sell us a Cargo Mat and Tray because of their mistake for $59 (we prompted - this we had to get something for free right?).

Anyway we are supposed to be getting our EX tomorrow night for $27786. We still have to make it through the finance guy who is already pushing the phoney protection plus for $199.

Any advice or opinions, I would love to hear them.

THANKS!!!!

·
Registered
129 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Steve B:
Anyway we are supposed to be getting our EX tomorrow night for $27786. We still have to make it through the finance guy who is already pushing the phoney protection plus for $199.</font>
Steve,

I didn't think I'd see the day when I'd say you were getting a good deal paying MSRP for a vehicle and MSRP for options, BUT, depending on what part of the country you're in, and the demand for Odyssey's in that area, you might be doing alright.

Just make sure you don't buy ANYTHING additional that the dealer wants to sell you.
They've made enough money already! :)

I think you'll enjoy your Odyssey! We do!

Good luck,

------------------
Nelson
2001 Odyssey LX - Silver
2001 Civic EX Sedan - Silver
1990 Mustang LX Coupe - Titanium

·
Registered
43 Posts
I think you are doing alright.
You are obviously paying premium for cassette player about $400 for something that is worth about $200.
But then u dont have to wait and u are seeing what u are buying before u pay for it.
Unlike some of us who had to shell out the deposit thinking we are getting a perfect vehicle.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like to wheel and deal - unfortunately for me in this instance we definitely overpaid. However, I had a trade which always leaves you open for the ultimate rip-off. I also have 7 month old twins. So hubby and I don't have the time to install a cassette player or mudguards. These were things we wanted anyway but boy do they charge for convenience! In my area the wait is now 6-8 weeks unless an unexpected cancellation arises. In which case, you have to literally race to the dealership to get the car that's available. Other dealers are charging a minimum $1800 over msrp for accessories. So we are doing ok but this is my first and last Honda. I think the dealers are gouging people. If it were not for the safety of my kids I would have gone with the T&C. Yes, the Odyssey is awesome but it's now worth what all of us have gone through to get one.

I just hope they don't mass produce these damn vans and drive the price down on the current owners.

On a side note,
The salesperson told me the Odyssey is considered an easy sale by management. So when the salesperson sells one they get a flat commission. This discussion took place well after the sale so I don't think they were lying to me. How greedy can these owners be? I would never work for Honda if this is the way most owners operate.

Just my 2 cents,
-Terri

1 - 4 of 4 Posts