Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kinda quiet over here...

Got any new scoop on LATCH-based seats coming out? I read your info on the Cosco & FP but since that thread was a few weeks old, thought something new might have come out...roundabout maybe?

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
Funny you should ask....

I just got a new booster seat yesterday. It's a Century Next Step DX. Very nice seat, I'll post a review soon. In any case, Century has a new EZ-LATCH upgrade kit to convert any of their seats since 9/97 to LATCH. I found it for $25 at Babies R Us.

Works well, at least on the Next Step in the Odyssey 2nd row with LATCH. I wish they had made a push-button tension release, like the one on our Cosco Triad, but their anchor release mechanism is nicer than the Triad.

The Roundabout LATCH has been delayed. They won't even respond to my email questions with an estimate any more. They do have a LATCH toddler seat being released soon. It's called the Expressway. It's basically a Roundabout with an upgraded harness and LATCH than can only be used front facing from 20-40 lbs.

Feel free to visit our new sites at:
http://www.car-seat.org
http://www.car-safety.org

There's an updated review of my Cosco Triad in the Odyssey in the carseat forum at car-seat.org.

If you happen to be in Northern Illinois, there's a list of carseat checkup events there, too. If you have any questions on carseats in the Odyssey or other vehciles, you'll probably find an answer on our new forum or in our links.

[This message has been edited by caviller (edited 05-04-2001).]

·
Registered
59 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by caviller:

I just got a new booster seat yesterday. It's a Century Next Step DX. Very nice seat, I'll post a review soon. In any case, Century has a new EZ-LATCH upgrade kit to convert any of their seats since 9/97 to LATCH. I found it for $25 at Babies R Us.
</font>
You don't by chance still have the box for the LATCH upgrade kit still lying around? I would like to get either the UPC code or the Babies R Us SKU. I've checked with many of the Toys R Us and Babies R Us around my area and no one has heard of the upgrade kit. Century says they are only available and TRU and BRU for now.

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by warrenh:
You don't by chance still have the box for the LATCH upgrade kit still lying around? I would like to get either the UPC code or the Babies R Us SKU. I've checked with many of the Toys R Us and Babies R Us around my area and no one has heard of the upgrade kit. Century says they are only available and TRU and BRU for now.

</font>
The UPC Code is 39123 03780

Cant find the receipt for the SKU

[This message has been edited by caviller (edited 05-07-2001).]

·
Registered
59 Posts
The UPC Code is 39123 03780

Cant find the receipt for the SKU

[This message has been edited by caviller (edited 05-07-2001).]
</font>
Thanks!!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
I was finally able to track down the LATCH retrofit kit. It works great!

I attached one to a Century STE1000 along with an add-on tether and the seat will not move! It also works with the Breverra Booster Seat.

I can now move the two 2nd row chairs together, both with car seats, and not get clotheslined by seatbelt while getting into the back seat.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Originally posted by warrenh:

Where were you able to find the LATCH kit?

Thanks,

------------------
gbaxley
'01 TW EX

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by gbaxley:
Originally posted by warrenh:

Where were you able to find the LATCH kit?

Thanks,

</font>
Century told me that they were currently only shipping to the ToysRUs chain (includes Babies/Kids R Us). I could only find it at BRU.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Century told me that they were currently only shipping to the ToysRUs chain (includes Babies/Kids R Us). I could only find it at BRU.</font>
I would call your local BRU to check. Unfortunately, they don't have it on their website yet. I tried every TRU in my area with no luck. Like Caviller, I found it at BRU.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts