Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get a few notes a week requesting clarification of mods and procedures, parts, etc., that are shown in my albums.

It's always great hearing from folks who are interested in doing the same things to their Odys as I did to mine.
It's quite a compliment and I enjoy getting the questions and comments and responding to them.
However, when they come to me by personal email, a couple of minor problems result.

First, if we're posting questions and answers about our Odys privately when there's no particular reason for privacy, no one else on the forum gets the benefit of the conversation.

Second, and maybe more importantly, many others have also done these mods, often using better ideas or materials than I did, so if the question gets posted on the forum where others can see it, a variety of answers could be bounced back instead of just mine.

The forum is getting so big and active that I'm creating the topic with my name in it to insure that I won't miss any questions addressed to me. I hope folks who are looking for clarifications on my mods or pics will ask the questions here first.

Please don't take this as a turnoff to addressing me privately if you think it's necessary. If, for some reason it's something you want to ask me directly, that's fine; I'll still be happy to get the request and reply.

Take care and have fun!

------------------
Chuck
Click here for Ody pics, mods and fixes on FotoTime.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Chuck brings up a good point about discussing any Ody issues in public (if appropriate). I'm guilty of e-mailing him about mods (i.e. fog lights and re-wiring the sliders) sort of like the student who would only ask the teacher any questions he/she may have, after the class has ended. Guess I'll have to make amends for this by posting more!
Thanks Chuck.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
130 Posts
And as long as we're HeyChuck-ing, I have a question. Chuck, you mentioned that I can just grasp my factory rearview mirror, turn it, and it will "fall off in my hand." Welll..it won't, and I'm afraid to apply any more pressure. Where am I going wrong? I am trying to turn the part closest to the glass, not the mirror/ball arrangement. How is the thing attached--glue? And if it does come off, does it leave a plate so as to secure the aftermarket mirror with its set screw?

Sorry for so many questions!

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MerpsMom:
And as long as we're HeyChuck-ing, I have a question. Chuck, you mentioned that I can just grasp my factory rearview mirror, turn it, and it will "fall off in my hand." Welll..it won't, and I'm afraid to apply any more pressure. Where am I going wrong? I am trying to turn the part closest to the glass, not the mirror/ball arrangement. How is the thing attached--glue? And if it does come off, does it leave a plate so as to secure the aftermarket mirror with its set screw?

</font>
Hi, MerpsMom. Yes, it leaves a plate, but you won't be able to setscrew anything to it unless you devise an adapter of some kind. The easiest way is to get a mirror with the adapter already on it.

As to removing the old mirror, obviously you shouldnt grip the part closest to the glass, it's glued on, but grip as close to that part as possible. A simple 90 degree twist will separate the two.

Good luck.

------------------
Chuck

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by dlh2:
Hey Chuck, Any luck retrofitting that flip-down tray between the middle row seats?

Dorhn
</font>

Hi, Dohrn. To tell the truth, I'd kinda forgotten about it.
I'll try to take a look at it Friday.

------------------
Chuck

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MerpsMom:

</font>
Hi again, MerpsMom. I just added some pics of the mirror mount to my album that may answer your questions.

------------------
Chuck

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ckonarske:

Hi, Dohrn. To tell the truth, I'd kinda forgotten about it.
I'll try to take a look at it Friday.

</font>
Hi again, Dohrn. I never got to mounting the tray between the center seats because I think I'm going to take out the console and reinstall the drop-down tray.

I kinda miss the flexibility of the tray and the area under it for storing my cameras and my laptop.

My beige Clutter Catcher console and/or the riser mount may be for sale in a few days if anyone's interested.

------------------
Chuck

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by dlh2:
Hey Chuck, Now we have to figure out how we can haul our Segways ("It", "Ginger")on our Odysseys!

</font>
Yeah. Amazing invention, isn't it? I thought it was being overhyped until I actually saw it. We may have to start a new thread for discussions about it.

------------------
Chuck

1 - 11 of 11 Posts