Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just joined up into the group after crawling around on the web looking for map updates for the NAV. I found a great thread on this forum and didn't hesitate to jump in.

I'd be interested in hearing any suggestions for taking care of our latest family van: Beige/cream '05 touring with NAV and RES. My "other van" is the 5th one I've owned and have an FSM and an online collective to share ideas and find answers. I've seen encouraging signs that this group will be just as informative and helpful!

Any other 05 owners out there that want to say "hi", here's one back at you!

Ken

·
Registered
249 Posts
Greetings from the Wet Coast :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello fellow Canadian :)

You've got 4 sun shades? How'd you do that?
Hello! The original buyer had the dealer install the third row sun shades. Cost them $300 and change. Nice feature!

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Thanks! How's your shocks/tires holding up? Good thing these vans are nimble enough to out-manouver those road holes!
Been ok so far, you drive around one pothole just to hit a bigger one, wtf. Actually changed out the rear shocks last fall to Monroe Sensa-Tracs. The left rear one was totally dead but the right one was still good. Honda wanted $192 each for the shocks that's the reason I went for the Monroe's. They've been really good so far, no complaints.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Hello! The original buyer had the dealer install the third row sun shades. Cost them $300 and change. Nice feature!
I was going to get these installed when we bought our '06 EXL-RES but for premium price they were asking and nobody sits back there I didn't bother and bought the roof rack crossbars instead.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Canada, eh?

I used to be your neighbor to the South...St. Albert. Sure miss that area. Been living in the U S of A for the past 35 years. Still make it back to visit Edmonton and surrounding areas every couple of years. I hear it's been snowing there a little...lol

·
Registered
318 Posts
hah. St. Albert, just a bit north of your ole hometown is where I bought my very first Honda, Morinville Honda. I wonder if they're still in business.

I had to jump in and say howdy. I'm a former neighbor from St. Albert. Been living in the U S of A for about 35 years now. Fun to visit with someone from my old stompin grounds.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I had to jump in and say howdy. I'm a former neighbor from St. Albert. Been living in the U S of A for about 35 years now. Fun to visit with someone from my old stompin grounds.
They just rated St. Albert as the 5th best place to live in Canada in 2011. It's time for you to come home. :DD:DD:DD

#5: St. Albert, AB
This Edmonton suburb gets top marks for low taxes and high household and discretionary income. Throw in low unemployment, a steadily growing population and above-average access to doctors and health care professionals and you’ve got a very nice place to live. However, St. Albert has room to improve regarding house prices (154th), and you can forget about walking or biking to work.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just love the way people talk there. And everyone is so friendly. Each time I come to visit, it feels more and more like a foreign country, but I always want to come back.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Good to know. I remember when I bought my 79 Accord there and had to get
warranty work done, they provided me a loaner car to get me back to Edmonton. The loaner car was a Prelude demo car.
The owner (I think) just picked it out of his parking
lot and told me, "here, you can use this to go to school".

Nevertheless, I'm visiting Edmonton next month. :) Hopefully, no more snow by that time.

OP: sorry for getting offtrack.

Yep, they're still around.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
OP here - thanks for all the Canadian greets :) Good to know there are a few in this group that can relate to winters in Can-land and demands on their autos!

So, I ordered the FSM from helm: the 05-06 as well as the 05 wiring schems booklet. I was considering the CD rather than the book but read somewhere that it was only avail. in Spanish. Ole!

I've been hunting around for the latest version of NAV DVD (the grey CDN and White CDN/US) and found a pricey $249.00 + shipping from Honda :O
Seems us Canucks have been priced out of updating our NAVs compared to a seemingly endless $99 deal for those who only want the White DVD!

So far though, loving the ODY!!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts