Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 112 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What has everyone ordered? Please tell what exactly you're getting, like color, trim, leather, RES, etc. I'm just curious because I was just on the post about lots of people with Redrock Pearls on order.

And is anyone else dancing in their pants in anticipation?

Me, we're first in line for 2002 RP EXL-RES.

Michelle

------------------
2002 RP Odyssey EXL-RES (soon!), '95 Civic Teal DX Coupe, '87 Blue Civic Sedan, '90 Grey Chrysler LeBaron GTC Convertable, '86 Silver Toyota LE Van

·
Registered
196 Posts
Hey there Michelle. We've got an 02 MB EX-L on order to replace our 01 SS EX. Since it's a warranty replacement it's supposed to be built at the beginning of the normal production run. We wanted the RES but can't afford it rite now. Hopefully it can be added at a later date. Can hardly wait!!!!!

------------------
Tom
2002 MB EX-L Soon!

·
Registered
8 Posts
First in line for a 2002 Granite Green LX. The wait is killin' me! I would have never waited this long on any other vehicle, just a testament to how good a van Honda has produced.
Chad

[This message has been edited by MuddyWaters (edited 08-13-2001).]

·
Registered
10 Posts
We've had an '02 MB EX-L on order since May. The wait is driving us nuts at times.

Since Honda has apparently listened to current owners complaints about the poor stereo sound and upgraded to larger speakers, can any current owners tell me if the optional subwoofer made a noticeable difference on their ODYs or would they recommend an aftermarket subwoofer. I haven't been able to test drive a EX with 6 speakers cause they go so fast.

Tom, warranty replacement???

Thx,

Cornfed

2002 MB EX-L (soon), 1999 Accord EX-V6, 1994 Montero LS

·
Registered
83 Posts
Got a '02 EX(white) on order. Looking at 2nd or 3rd week of October. Really anxious, except for the new car payment. Been payment free for about 3 years and kind of liked it. Trying to sell a '95 Maxima SE in the mean time. As soon as we sell our car, we will be enjoying the wait much more.

Michael Harris

·
Registered
48 Posts
My subwoofer is by far my favorite toy. With the subwoofer turned off, I can hardly hear any bass at all and if I'd didn't have the subwoof, I know I would have hated the sound system in my van. I now understand why the consensus of the board is that the 01 speakers are pathetic. I've only had my van since last week and haven't had a chance to play with the settings yet, but even with the dealer's settings it sounds awesome. For me, I can live with the factory-installed speakers because the sound is enhanced by the subwoofer, but I certainly am not an audiophile.

An added bonus with the subwoof is that butt tickle as you trek along the road!!

------------------
vangirl

'01 SS EX with i-VES, Kelton Subwoofer, trailer hitch, cross bars, LX radio/cassette, in-dash CD changer, fog lights, cargo tray

'00 New Formula Red S2000
'00 Flamenco Black Pearl Civic EX

·
Registered
205 Posts
We are first on the list at my dealer in Houston for a 2002 EXL-RES Mesa Beige-no clue when it will arrive other than they know the build date 2 weeks prior and it takes 2 weeks to ship.

·
Registered
73 Posts
We ordered a beige (gold?) '02 LX. I resisted buying a minivan all I could; I looked at a bunch of sport wagons, etc. But my dad has a Plymouth mjinivan and, boy, the vans are just so practical.

Once I settled on the Odyssey, I felt resigned to the van idea. But after reading this forum, I decided to wait for a '02. Now that Honda has confirmed the modifications for '02, I feel I did the right thing and I am very excited. Count me in!

·
Registered
196 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Cornfed:

Tom, warranty replacement???

Thx,

Cornfed

LS
</font>
Cornfed,
Refer to "Major Paint Problem" in the Problems and Concerns forum for more info. Seems to have been a rare problem and Honda is making good on it in a big way. It just took a while. Your gonna' love the 02.

------------------
Tom
2002 MB EX-L Soon!

·
Registered
3 Posts
First on the list at our dealer here in Oklahoma City for an 02 Mesa Beige EX-L RES. Got it for MSRP-$500. Now if I just knew what MSRP was.....heard a rumor that pricing would be coming out on or after August 23...

·
Registered
478 Posts
I'm first on the list at Robertson Honda in Palmdale for an '02 EXL NAV! Already working on my list of "mods" and accesories...
LTSooner-I have heard from a couple of sources that the price increase will be "around" $500-maybe less.

------------------
On the waiting list for my '02 EX Nav in RED!

·
Registered
329 Posts
First in line at our dealership for a 2002 SS EX!

I am really anxious to find out pricing. We are going through UBS and that was going to save us about $2400 off MSRP on an '01 model. I hope to find similar savings on the '02 model.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have a redrock pearl EX on order and being number two at my dealer since May, I should have it sometime in September. Was taking delivery of a 2001 in May and after the vehicle was delayed a couple of days by somehow missing the train, I spotted the Temple of Vtec site discussing the 2002 possible changes. Switched my deposit the next day. Glad it missed that train. Someone was watching out for me that day. Can't wait, just been drooling after memorizing the specs. for the last two weeks.

·
Registered
156 Posts
LX (mesa beige) on order, switched my order from 2001 to 2002, dealer expects it in Sept.

·
Registered
78 Posts
We've got an 02 EX-L in Evergreen Pearl on order. We're first on the list at our dealer. I'm having second thoughts about the green and thinking about switching to SS. We'll decide once we actually see a color chart (all we have right now is a color photocopy).

Our dealer says end of Oct., but since we all seem to know a heck of a lot more about what's going on than our dealers do, I'm gussing it will be more like the end of Sept or first of Oct.

·
Registered
2 Posts
We're first on our dealer's list for a SS EX-L-RES. Spoke with the manager this morning, and he says it's a confirmed order, but no build date or MSRP information available yet (he did say that he has received MSRP information on other 2002 Hondas, so pricing information may be just around the corner).

Yes, I'm itching to get my hands on it. We have two long road trips (both > 10 hours each way) to take this fall, and I would love to have it broken in (seat just so, stereo tweaked the way I like it, etc.) before we hit the road.

·
Registered
17 Posts
As I previously wrote (see build dates query) we have a EX-L-RES in Redrock Pearl. New color will look great as we travel to football games to watch our beloved Sooners contend for no. 1 again (sorry, TX ody brethren).

Plan on a few additions, including a mobile VCP for little one's (gasp) Barney videos. Anything new will be on disc.

LTSooner - Our dealers says we're first on list also. Hope it's not the same dealer or something's afoot. We should talk!

Okie Ody

1 - 20 of 112 Posts