Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! A friend and I bought a 1998 Honda Odyssey EX minivan at an auction for $900. We plan on using this as a company car to take to auctions, to keep the mileage off of our own.

It has 200,000 miles, but appears to be really well taken care of, and looks to have been garaged for most/all of it's life.

All the fluids are in good shape, and it runs rather well. Ice cold front/rear A/C is a plus too. :cool:

The only issues I am aware of, is a slight valve cover leak, and a slight leak near the bottom of the engine, pan gasket or drain plug, most likely.

Are there any weak spots to these vehicles? Granted, at 200,000 miles, everything is likely a bit weak, but I didn't know if there were any trouble spots to them. I quite like it, and hope we can make it hit 300,000 miles, perhaps even more. :D

Thanks all!

(Now, off to do some thread reading!)

·
Registered
11 Posts
I seen one for sale in my area and this ody was well over 300k it use to be a taxi. I just bought one myself but it only has 130k

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Someone told me there is a inspection cover to check the condition of the timing belt. Is this true? If so, is there a thread on here about where it is located/ the procedure to get to/remove it? The car has 200K miles, so it's either been replaced sometime in the last few years, or (most likely) it's in need of a new one badly.

·
Registered
455 Posts
The timing cover is pictured here, at the 6th photo down. It's the black plastic piece with the bar-code on it (in the pic).

In the literature above the photo, it says that there are two (2) 10mm bolts holding the upper part of the cover on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts