Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally found a forum that looks like I'll call home. I just picked up the van in my sig last week, and so far I really like it (except that it pulls to the right, but I'm working on that with the dealer). Right now we only have about 100 miles on it.

Please be patient with me, because I have alot of catching up (reading) to do on this forum, and from time to time I may ask a question that has already been asked before.

Shane

------------------
2002 EXL-RES Redrock Pearl

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
Welcome, Shane! It looks like you have the Ody that I'd love to have.

Take a look around and let us know if you need anything.

------------------
Jim
'01 GG EX w/stuff
'93 Nissan Sentra SE-R with more stuff

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The only 2 mods I want to do on my new Ody right away are mudguards and leather wrap steering wheel cover. After that maybe a subwoofer...

------------------

2001 Chevy 2500HD crewcab 4x4

·
Registered
9 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Shaners:
I finally found a forum that looks like I'll call home.....
Shane

</font>
Congratulations on your acquisition and welcome! I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of our SS EXL-RES. Have you had a chance to use the RES yet? What are your thoughts? We take a few long trips each year with our three children and I am hoping that the RES will slow the rate at which my hair turns gray!

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
On that pull to the right, be sure you don't let the dealer slide on that one. Not only does he end up shifting the front subframe with a large lever, he may have to order new bolts to give the subframe enough room to shift far enough over.

It's outlined in the 2002 manual, and these thinner bolts are new for this year (from what my mechanic tells me).

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bigE,

I popped in the training DVD that comes with the owners manual. The picture was very good and so was the sound. Much better than the VHS system in my '00 Olds Premier that I traded.

Adam1991,

I'm finding more and more info about this sub-frame shift. It sounds kinda bad, but maybe it isn't as bad as it sounds (I hope). If anyone has more info on this let me know please. With the reputation for quality Honda has, I wonder how these vans get to the dealership in this conditions...

As long as it is fixed I'll be happy! This van is very nice, and once it is taken care of it'll be about as close to perfect as possible.

Thanks guys!!!

------------------

2001 Chevy 2500HD crewcab 4x4

·
Registered
596 Posts
You might be new, but, there is nothing wrong with new, as long as it is properly "broken-in".

My theory on the "right pull" is that all the vans, coming from Eastern Canada, want to turn right and go far west, so as to avoid the corrosive snow belt states. Of course, many of them end up there and, in good homes will manage to survive nicely. However, here in California, we can offer them a much milder existence, especially in the far northern, coastal part. It will be interesting to see if the cars from the new assembly plant pull to the left. If not, my theory is garbage, Hee! Hee!

One thing you should not do is to take this bunch of soccerbus nerds too seriously. Just read on and have fun and we'll try to throw you two cents worth (or not worth) when we can.

Jerry O.

------------------
2001 Odyssey GG LX

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jerry O:
Just read on and have fun and we'll try to throw you two cents worth (or not worth) when we can.</font>
Is that including the conversion ration between Canadian and US dollars?

Regards,

Maugham

·
Registered
596 Posts
The Canadians probably have some Odyssey accessory one could buy, for two cents US, Hee! Hee!

Jerry O.

------------------
2001 Odyssey GG LX

1 - 9 of 9 Posts