Honda Odyssey Forum banner

HI i am new! new owner to 2011 Honda EX my trim around the car is faded and wipers>

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  skinny2 
#1 ·
HI i am new! new owner to 2011 Honda EX my trim around the car is faded and wipers>

so i had to get another swap for my car because the first car had alot of blemishes.

so i got swap with another 2011 same color and all and guess this one
the black trim threw out of the car outside is faded and even the wipers kind of wierd the other minivan did not have that. also
inside the trim where the windows go down the trim is coming off.
and they said because we are in colorado it can affect your car because of the high alitude pressure never heard of that. bad car! also i might ask the dealer to give me the car they swap me with in the first place it was in better condition. i had a town and country and i feel dumd for buying a 2011 Honda i think they charge so much and quality no so good i guess!!!!!!!!!!! what do you guys a i suggest to do. ??????:huh: i was thinking about grading to EX-L

#2 ·
so i had to get another swap for my car because the first car had alot of blemishes.

so i got swap with another 2011 same color and all and guess this one
the black trim threw out of the car outside is faded and even the wipers kind of wierd the other minivan did not have that. also
inside the trim where the windows go down the trim is coming off.
and they said because we are in colorado it can affect your car because of the high alitude pressure never heard of that. bad car! also i might ask the dealer to give me the car they swap me with in the first place it was in better condition. i had a town and country and i feel dumd for buying a 2011 Honda i think they charge so much and quality no so good i guess!!!!!!!!!!! what do you guys a i suggest to do. ??????:huh: i was thinking about grading to EX-L
Not to be rude, but is English your first language?

#3 ·
so i am writing as fast as i can simlpy because my kids are running around here. yes. let me just let you know what problems i have had with my new honda. the black trim around the car is fading and also the wipers. the trim inside the car is coming off. i don't think is normal for a new car to have these problems. what should i do.

#4 ·
sorry if i did confuse anyone. we bought our honda 2011 last weekend.
we got some and found some things wrong with it. we told the dealership if we can swap outthe same car for the same one with less problems and he said yes. well now that i think about it the only thing i was very upset with was the foam inside the car actually broke in half. all they did was glue it they should of replace the whole foam but they did not. the dealership told me that honda told them to glue do you guys think is right/????

also with the new swap the trim threw out the car is fading it's suppose to be black but it's turning white? normal i don't think so. also the trim inside the car where my kids sit the trim is coming out. so i was wondering if you guys have had any problems with your new Honda 2011? they seem very small but i guess they are somewhat big we do have a EX. I MIGHT trade up for a EX-L. ANY PRO/ CONS. THANKS:)

#6 ·
Why don't you start the shopping process from the beginning. Look at other vehicles on the dealer's lot that you think meets with your approval and trade for that van if the dealer will let you. If you think your vehicle is not proper (fading trim, etc.) see if the others are looking the same. If they aren't point it out to the dealer. If they are, then that is what you can expect from Honda.

Now for the english help. Every sentence starts with a Capital letter. "Threw out" means that you out something in the garbage. "Throughout" means all over or in the complete car.

Good luck.

#7 ·
I would like some advice. Some feedback! Please

When it comes to the new car that we have the trim is fading and the window strip is looking like a wave because it is bubbling. Even the engine is making funny noises when you drive and all they want to do is hook it up to the Diagnostic connection and see if it reads a code and I can tell you it will not come out with a code. To me even though we traded for another EX the one we got is in worse condition than the orginal one and Honda is suppose to be about Quality but right not it is more like Crap than quality. The other vans on the lot do not look like the one we have with the fading on the black trim and the windshield wipers, the inside is not peeling off and the engine do not make the noise like our van does. They are just not wanting to admit to the faults of the car. What do you think we should do? Thank you for the advice. Should we look into buying the EX-L?

#9 ·
When it comes to the new car that we have the trim is fading and the window strip is looking like a wave because it is bubbling. Even the engine is making funny noises when you drive and all they want to do is hook it up to the Diagnostic connection and see if it reads a code and I can tell you it will not come out with a code. To me even though we traded for another EX the one we got is in worse condition than the orginal one and Honda is suppose to be about Quality but right not it is more like Crap than quality. The other vans on the lot do not look like the one we have with the fading on the black trim and the windshield wipers, the inside is not peeling off and the engine do not make the noise like our van does. They are just not wanting to admit to the faults of the car. What do you think we should do? Thank you for the advice. Should we look into buying the EX-L?
Does Colorado have a Lemon Law? If so, you might want to familiarize yourself with it.

I've owned multiple Honda's and have never had the problems that you've encountered (and I'm very picky). The best thing to do is to work with the service manager and they will do everything they can to make things right.

Don

#8 ·
Please post pictures of your exact problem areas. I have read your posts a few times, and I am thoroughly confused. As far as I can tell, in just a few short days, all of the black trim is fading, the foam (???) broken in half & other trim is coming out. I truly have no idea WTF you are talking about.

#10 ·
And we needed a new thread posted 10 minutes after you posted and deleted this exact message in your thread from yesterday because????

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.