Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a 2008 Odyssey EX-L RES in White! certified with only 27k miles

Loving the van so far and just purchased the weathertech bug deflector and clearcovers. trying to keep everything clean while its in new condition.

Kind of bummed about not being able to put an aftermarket Head Unit/NAV without messing up the RES.

Site has been a wealth of knowledge! Thanks!!

Plan to put in OEM fogs, backup sensors, and maybe a HID kit.

Oh yea tints on the front two windows go in this Sunday 35%

·
Administrator
14,550 Posts
Welcome to the club. :)

Yeah. If you get factory RES, its kind of a bummer but one brave sould did manage to do what you want by using a NAV/RES radio unit to control the RES. The RES runs on a proprietary bus and there is nothing aftermarket that can control it so you would have to stick with the OEM Radio/Controller that comes in NAV/RES equipped vans and then you can work around the after market NAV. Look up posts on that when you decide to go for it. :)

·
Administrator
14,550 Posts
I wanted to play with the new s/w's search feature so I located the information for ya. There were 2 guys who invented 2 separate processes. I am sure a few guys followed suit and used one or the other process.

The hard way. Problem with this is if you lose power due to battery, you will have to connect the face to get power again.

http://www.odyclub.com/forums/11-au...nav-res-system-without-visible-oem-radio.html

Clean install by CiviFerioViRS. Look towards the end. He hasn't give too many instructions but he does have a picure of his install at the bottom. The problem is we cannot get a hold of CivicFerioViRS from what I gather when some one had questions for him.

http://www.odyclub.com/forums/11-au...pioneer-navi-avic-n3-install-06-ex-l-res.html

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the search! I read through the posts and man its seems confusing. Ive done plenty of basic stereo/head unit installs but opening things up and rigging circuit boards... kinda scary.

Maybe ill try it when the warranty is up.

I would def like to know what the wire harness that CiviFerioViRS entailed.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I like the color! We searched high and low for a white odyssey and just couldn't find one the way we wanted the spec.

·
Administrator
14,550 Posts
Thanks for the search! I read through the posts and man its seems confusing. Ive done plenty of basic stereo/head unit installs but opening things up and rigging circuit boards... kinda scary.

Maybe ill try it when the warranty is up.

I would def like to know what the wire harness that CiviFerioViRS entailed.
Ignore the circuit board one. Civic's install should NOT have had a need for jerry rigged harnesses.

If you buy a EX-L R&N radio/controller, the DVD plugs into it. OEM wiring plugs into it, the CD Changer behind the NAV screen plugs into it and there should be a plug to plug in the NAV stuff. You just need to figure out the part where you would connect your NAV's audio into the OEM radio/controller. You would use Metra adaptors Male and female perhaps to get the job done.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I like the color! We searched high and low for a white odyssey and just couldn't find one the way we wanted the spec.
Thanks! I looked everywhere for a white one actually drove out of state to get this one.

Really wanted a white touring under or around 30k miles but they were impossible to find. This EX-L saved us some $ and still does everything we need it to do.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts