Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ha couldn't resist. Well I have 2 kids and a 3rd on the way, my wife and I heavily considered 3rd row SUV's but in the end we couldn't deny the practicality (and price) of a used minivan. So here we are, rockin one.

We picked up a 2010 Odyssey EX, Taffeta White on Ivory with 80,000 miles. A friend who works for Honda found that any and all recalls had been addressed, and the Carfax showed good regular maintenance. Also talked down the dealer $1000, so we decided to go for it. The Toyota Venza we had before was a nicer more upscale car, but needs change and this thing is growing on me. I love the J series and I have a 1999 Accord V6 coupe that I swapped the drivetrain in from a Acura CL Type-S, so not new to Honda vehicles (also a moderator on another forum) and I plan to give this one some love. First thing I did was remove the front license plate bracket, unfortunately there is a hole from the center upper mounting screw. Argh.

It could stand to have some interior plastics/cloth pieces replaced for less weathered ones, there is a knocking at the front left which I THINK may be the FSB endlink, upper center console cubby door won't stay closed, front doors need new checkers, steering feels a little stiff, driver sliding door could stand to be lubed, and the paint has not been taken care of in its past life. There is a little rust at the back bottom of driver door. Overall body is decent, nothing glaring unless you really examine it. Everything is about average or above. Engine seems smooth and trans shifts well. The only thing that really bothers me is all the blank switch covers this thing has haha, I thought EX meant it should have more bells & whistles. At least it used to, then again my other Honda is 20 years old and back then it was DX, LX, EX, and EX-L. No longer the case it seems.

Having the disorder I do, this thing will be modified over time. Off the bat I am thinking of changing various exterior lights to LED, blackhoused headlights with clear reflectors, custom mesh grill, adding OEM fog lights, swapping out the tiny 16" wheels for something bigger, adding an autodimming rear view mirror, maybe some kind of back-up camera, and OEM floormats/cargo tray. But first gotta address all the aforementioned stuff before I can do the fun stuff. Anyway, looking forward to learning.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Welcome to the club. We went from a 2 row SUV to a honda odyssey as well. We considered three row SUVs but you just cant beat the practicality of a Van. If you want all the bells and whistles you now have to go with a touring or touring elite.

There are lots of threads on here about modifying these cars. As far as paint goes I have had good luck with automotivetouchup paint company. I have used it on my 04.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had some extra LED's so swapped the license plate lights and reverse lights to 5000 or 5500 kelvin LED bulbs. The bottom strip area on the headlights is prime for dynamic turn signals. I'll have to see what kind of retrofits people have done, would love an HID projector in the low beam reflector bucket.

·
Registered
953 Posts
There is a whole thread on here dedicated to HID upgrades. I installed HID on my 04 with good results.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is a whole thread on here dedicated to HID upgrades. I installed HID on my 04 with good results.
You put an HID kit in stock housings, or an HID projector retrofit? The low beam reflector on the 05-10 is so much bigger than an 04, I'm sure it would blind people with glare lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
2 Participants
dadbodyssey
Honda Odyssey Forum
Odyclub community is the #1 forum to discuss all things Honda Odyssey: minivans, safety, service maintenance, mods, and more.
Full Forum Listing