Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well hey every one whats up yea i was just wondering about HID kits for my fathers 2001 ody. TW-EX. i mean its a beautiful car and i think that the HID kit would make i look better. well if you have any suggestions on where i could get the best deal out there or if someone has a pic. of there ody. with an HID kit in it send it on over here well thats all for now catch everyone later

bassnet42
01' ODY.
TW-EX

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
I don't know of an HID kit available in the US.

Lorax? Moe? Is there one?

------------------
Jim
'01 GG EX

·
Registered
306 Posts
I see some people get them for their little import cars.
It usually runs $800 - $1,000 for complete kits I guess.
HID is 50 state illegal for vehicles that not come with it though.

·
Registered
306 Posts
One more.
Sure it looks cool but damn thing blinds me
and I can't see their signal because it's too brighter than the signals. It happenes everytime Acura CL/TL makes left turn in front of me.

I have to say save $1,000 and buy something that useful.

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea well hey
to jim yea i seen the HID kit for the ody. 1999-2001 modles on some import site. they would set me back around $850. i have also seen some HID bulbs at the honda delear that i bought the car from there the razo head lights.yea i totally know what you mean porschetr. yea about them blinding you i know what your talking about there is this little 15 year old vw gti that has an HID kit in it and i see it every morning, and every morning it blinds me but i guess thats a price to pay. in my opinion i like the HID kits 1 because you can see so much better at night and 2 people notice you more and cut you off less none the less that are still some jerks that dont really care but any ways talk to you later guys please right replys thanks

·
Registered
910 Posts
You can get HID kit for the Ody for $95 per kit.

Attachments

·
Registered
154 Posts
I like HIDs, but I would spend my money on other things first. You can get the Wings West bodykit for just a little more money. That'll enhance the appearance in daylight too.

Here is some food for thought as well http://lighting.mbz.org/tech/info/bulbs/HID/

As I recall, FuryNSX was looking into this a while back. Maybe he'll weigh in.

------------------
Lorax
'01 SS EX-Navi
Leather Interior/Wings West Kit

Attachments

·
Registered
101 Posts
Yeah, I looked into it a few weeks ago. It was brought to my attention that the projector assembly could prevent a "universal" retro kit from having the correct beam projection pattern. The universal HID bulb may have a different focus point than the stock bulb, and that might prevent the light pattern from projecting forward the correct way.

Now, that may or may not be true. I'm betting that it'll probably be okay, but I'm not set on dishing out +$500 to find out that it doesn't. Maybe as the prices continue to drop, I'll re-investigate.

I'd much rather get some wheels. =)

------------------

2001 Odyssey EX
1999 3.2TL
1997 GS-R 4-door
1995 NSX-T

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hey everyone how is everything going
well to lorax thanks for the web site It gives me a lot of useful info.
lookinco, yea that's the cheapest that I have seen an HID kit go for where did you see this at, was it in a mag. or on the web? if it was on the web what is the site?
to furyNSX yea I think that I'm going to have to go with you on that one about waiting for the price to go down a little more well ill catch you guys later

bassnet42

01 ody.
TW-EX

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yea thanks for the web site this will help me but i think im going to go with furyNSX and wait until the prices go down
bassnet42
01 TW-EX ody.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts