Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm interested in installing a Hidden Hitch model 87479 on my 2003 Odyssey. The one that shows up on eTrailer.com has a straight round tube. But if you Google Image Search "Hidden Hitch 87479" there are versions that have a curved round tube, so that only a small portion of the hitch is visible at the rear of the van. I'd be very interested in getting one like that, but I'm guessing it has been replaced over the years by the current straight tube.

Can anyone confirm this, or does anyone have a source for the curved version?
It doesn't look like anyone sells any brand or model hitch that is curved like what I presume is the older version of the 87479 Hidden Hitch.

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
My HH is straight tubed but I like the curved ones look. I see most sites Googled move you to the straight style. These guys still show as curved, may want to call and make sure: 2003 Honda Odyssey Hidden Hitch Trailer Hitches, Hidden Hitch Receiver Hitch. Either way don't forget to re-tap the threaded frame on the van 1st or you'll be sorry. The tap size is listed on this forum somewhere.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the link, I've emailed them to see if they are able to tell me if the hitch they're listing is actually wishbone curved like the one they show, or if it is straight like HH shows on their site. I suspect they don't actually carry them in stock and simply drop-ship them from a larger supplier, so I don't actually expect they can tell me if it is curved or straight, but we'll see what they say.

I think the whole point of "Hidden Hitch" is that it's supposed to be as HIDDEN as possible, using the innovative curved design they used to sell, but I think they've sold out to cheaper manufacturing and probably don't make their own hitches any more and just stick their name on a simple straight-tube hitch that is made for many different vehicles by welding different end mounting brackets on the straight tube.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts