Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

This is my first post, so I hope I'm doing this correctly and it's in the right place.

I just got my new Dark Cherry Pearl EX-L (No Nav) Odyssey a couple of days ago. Absolutely love it!!!

My headlights are set to "AUTO". Yesterday evening when the sun was going down I noticed that my headlights did come on but it was in "High Beam". Any reason why this is happening?

·
Banned
728 Posts
Have you tried clicking the stalk to put the lights in the low beam position? If so, when you turn the switch back to off and then to "auto" do the low beams come on or high beams?

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
Are your high beams turned on? Isn't "AUTO" just a master switch that turns the lights on when it detects darkness? If your high beams are on, or if your fog light switch is on, then they will turn on when "AUTO" flips the master switch. Fog lights only operate with low beams.

If you 11 is like previous models, just pull the turn signal stalk towards you to shut off the high beams. If that doesn't work, RT*M. (Read The Manual)

·
Registered
687 Posts
High beams are turned on and off by pushing and pulling the left lever forward and back. You probably have that lever accidentally pushed so that is why the high beams are coming on. See page 137 of the manual:

High Beams -
To switch from low beams to high beams, push the left lever forward until you hear a click. The high beam indicator will come on (see page 73). Pull it back to return to low beams. To flash the high beams, pull the lever back lightly, then release it. The high beams will stay on as long as you hold the lever back.

:)

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
Sorry, my apologies. This was a no brainer. My tail is down.
Don't be embarrassed. Sometimes the most puzzling situations have the simplest solutions. Besides, we usually wait until you start posting new threads asking questions that have already been asked umpteen times before we start poking fun at the newbies!! ;)

Back in the late 70s, cars were just beginning to switch from floor mounted high beam switches to stalk mounted switches. My parents neighbor retuned from a business trip just fuming because the high beams in his rental car would not shut off. He drove all the way from Philly to Pittsburgh at night with either just parking lights, or oncoming traffic flashing at him because his high beams were on. He was just ranting and raving about this crappy rental car (Pontiac Grand Prix, IIRC) when a smug little 9 year old (me!!) showed him how to tug on the signal stalk to operate the high beams.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BTW, psu ody fan I don't appreciate the RT*M comment. You should leave comments like that to yourself. I was just a little confused and by posting this issues, it helped me to realize what was going on.

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
BTW, psu ody fan I don't appreciate the RT*M comment. You should leave comments like that to yourself. I was just a little confused and by posting this issues, it helped me to realize what was going on.
Sorry, I wasn't trying to hurt your e-feelings. I was just trying to point out that the answer to your question was probably just a few inches away in your glovebox.

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts