Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes you run into the strangest things on the web. Has anyone seen this before, if it performs half as good as a mainstream sub, I'd buy it for the fact that it could actually be mounted somewhere reasonable inside the walls. It measures only 57mm deep (2.25"). Its made by an Italian company with a poor looking website, so I don't hold much hope of ever finding one. You have to search around the site for car speakers and then sub-woofers.
http://www.fd-acoustics.com/

[This message has been edited by hip (edited 04-11-2001).]

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK, so the last high tech sub fizzled out, but I'm not giving up yet.

For those who are looking for a non-powered subwoofer, I have found a local manufacturer who has a proprietary design sub that has outstanding bass for it's size. They use a ported box with wavelength channels similar to Bose, so a small subwoofer (~6") will produce outstanding bass. They plugged it into my Alpine amp (5 channel) and with the factory speakers, it really does sound excellent. Best of all, they have two models that will fit into the area in the left rear of the van. This is place that was designed to hold the 3 headrests for the 3rd row seat, and is the recommended location for corner loading of a sub. Read "The ABC's Of Car Audio" on their website.

I have spoken with the manufacturer and they have agreed to meet with me to discuss an idea that I have for a new design that might fit inside the spare tire well and port through the lid
This will involve cutting a hole throught the lid and installing grill in the opening.

In the meantime, you can check out their website and look at their current systems that will work right away.

The company is called SubSolutions:
www.subsolutions.com

If you don't mind a box floating around in the back, there are several choices. If you want something more secure, look at the Ford Truck Xtra-Cab SubSolution or the The Sports Car SubSolution. The Ford version fits almost perfectly standing on its end behind the headrest net, but ports the sound up. The Sports car solution is even smaller and ports the sound to the back through its side (better). However, because its a little thicker. it interfers with the 3rd row seat by about 1/8"-1/4" on the corner of the box (standing on end). The company will modify (shave) the corner if you request them to.

I'll report back after I meet with them on my idea for tire well solution. I am not certain how well this will work with the standard OEM head unit as mine has been amplifed. But if you have added an amp or replaced the OEM with a higher powered system, this could be viable alternative.

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
Keep us posted. I'm very interested.

------------------
Jim
'01 GG EX

·
Registered
1,312 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
I used the left rear location in front of the tire jack compartment for mounting a Bazooka 6.5" HP (high performance) amplified subwoofer tube. Although these 'tube' designs are not the best sub solution they fit the Odyssey perfect, becuase the 3rd row seat can still fold down with the sub in place! BTW it fires down with 2 inches of clearance between the floor lip and sub driver. I also have the Bazooka remote volume and crossover controller mounted inside the CD tray. CD's still fit beside it. Sound is pretty darn good for the price!

·
Registered
101 Posts
VideoNavi,

I was thinking about doing that, also. Do you have any pics of your install? That would help me visualize what it would look like.

------------------

2001 Odyssey EX
1999 3.2TL
1997 GS-R 4-door
1995 NSX-T

·
Registered
92 Posts
I sent you a couple of pictures, but others can see my mobile entertainment stuff when the photo's are posted in the Gallery.

·
1,484 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by VideoNavi:
I sent you a couple of pictures, but others can see my mobile entertainment stuff when the photo's are posted in the Gallery.</font>
Speaking for myself...I can't wait to see your pics in the Gallery. Especially your Video on the Navi ones!

-nemogira

1 - 8 of 8 Posts