Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spoke with a salesman from Platinumautos.com yesterday, and was told that he has 20 Odys in stock and can deliver anywhere in the country with 3 days of an order. He claims to be a wholesaler who has exclusive rights with Honda, and receives large quantities direct from the factory.
From his description, it sounds like he's getting ones partially built for Canada, because they all come with the cold weather pkg (heavy duty alternator, battery), mud guards, as well as a 4yr/60k warranty (supplied by Platinum auto). The spedo is
mph. "All this" comes with the price of the vehicle for MSRP. A 7yr/100k warranty can be obtained for an extra $575.
I'm guessing that he's supplying a warranty because the Canadian one is not valid in the US?? He has stores located in AZ, WA and NY,
and claims to have hundreds of references.
Anyone here deal with this company before?
I'm still a little skeptical.
For those inquiring minds who want to do a little research, he's claimed to be available 7 days/week at 1-800-335-2629.
Ask for Robert Swanson.
Please post your opinions here.

Regards,
Grant

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by 2000 TL:
I found these guys too, and I am skeptical. What about the warranty?

I can't seem to locate the Canadian
warranty discussions. What, if any, are the implications of purchasing a Canadian designated vehicle and having it serviced in the US? I can only assume that Platinum is offering a warranty, because the factory one
is not valid in the US? Can anyone confirm
or deny this?

Grant

·
Registered
331 Posts
grantbo - you are correct. If you buy a Canadian spec Ody and never register it in Canada, Honda US will not honor the warranty. People who purchase in Canada as residents there and then move to the US do get warranty coverage.

The vans offered by Platinum are essentially gray market cars. They buy them in Canada, bring them south, convert over the speedo and odo (which will create even bigger issues) and resell them. Although they are offering a warranty, I would personally avoid these vans. Lack of factory warranty bothers me as well as the issue with the changed out speedo/odometer. Legally, you would have to sell it mileage unknown due to the change out.

Good Luck on your decision.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
>Lack of factory warranty bothers me as well >as the issue with the changed out >speedo/odometer. Legally, you would have >to sell it mileage unknown due to the >change out.

>Good Luck on your decision

Thanks for ther reply. Fortunately, I have trump card...I have an '02 SS EX scheduled for a mid October build date on order with a local dealer.
I plan on trading in my '95 Blazer at the time of purchase, but I trying to persuade him that he should give me a strong blue book value, in light of the $2K that he's making off of my Ody.

Regards,
Grant

·
Registered
131 Posts
I agree, too risky if you ask me. Now if Honda would guarantee the warranty...heated mirrors would be nice in the winter time.

Good luck with your normal purchase.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts