Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 08 LX is suddenly behaving unusual. The engine RPM has become higher as the transmission is taking longer to switch to the next gear i.e. Gear 1 to 2 is changing at 2800 rpm, 2 to 3 is around 2500 rpm. This surely caught my attention as the engine sound has increased and I feel that I am pressing the accelerator but the car is running heavy and not accelerating as it used to. Checked the tranny fluid, all seems/smells normal. Could this be due to the hub centric rings I recently installed on my aftermarket rims. I have had the rims for about a year, just installed the rings last week.

I don't feel any delay, jerk, slippage, increased rpm when starting from 0 and engage the transmission (D position). Got about 39K on the Odometer and had the dealer do drain and refill the tranny fluid 6 months (5k miles) ago.

·
Registered
17 Posts
A couple of things to consider. Is the intake clear? Be sure there aren't any mice nests or items in the way of the intake.

Also, check to make sure your exhaust is clear.

I hope it is as simple as this!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Intake, Exhausts clear

No blockages in the exhaust and intake. No issues there.

Any other suggestions. How can I rule out the tranny being the source of this issue?

I dropped an ATC fuse next to the battery which I could not recover. I think the Tranny is right below that, but the tranny should be all sealed, correct?

·
Super Moderator
13,878 Posts
Did you have any service done recently at the dealer? Perhaps the dealer flashed the new Tranny S/W. Read the tranny shutter/judder thread for additional details.

If you got the s/w flash, that runs the car in higher RPM to prevent lugging/juddering.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No recent dealer service

Last service at the dealer was in March-April and they did do the software flash then.

The high rpm issue and vehicle drag issue started occurring only in the last 10 days.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts