Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are looking for a used Ody. There are several in the northeast and midwest that we may consider. Should I be worried about the deicing agents used up in those parts and their effects on an 07-09 Ody? We are in Florida so salt and calcium magnesium acetate are never used down here. I know todays vehicles and the undercoatings used are supposed to prevent problems associated with deicing but it still freaks me out. Any thoughts or things I should look for? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
If I had a choice it would be for one that wasn't used in a salt environment. That's pretty much a no brainer. But if washed regularly there shouldn't be too much concern. A maintenance/clean freak private seller would be the best bet. Surely there are closer options. Normally we're going down south to bring vehicles up here where they bring a slight (sometimes significant) bump in value.

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
I agree with Skinny. I'd be more concerned about the issue if you were looking at something that was 5+ years old. If you found a clean "northern" van that was only a year or two (or three) old, I wouldn't be too concerned.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts