Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our 2010 Odyssey EX-L has ~ 10,500 miles. A few weeks ago it was due for an oil change. I could not get an appointment at my dealer over the weekend because they were booked solid. I was taking a small road trip and I couldn't wait to get it done the following weekend so I did it myself. In the process I also changed the wiper inserts and rotated the tires for the first time.

I rotated the tires front to back & back to front. I mounted the wheels using and star pattern with the lugs nuts when tightening and torqued them to 94 ft/lbs per the owner's manual.

Ever since I rotated the tires, I am getting a slight vibration of varying degree on the highway usually above 50 mph. It's always there and is annoying.

Has anyone else also experienced this after the first tire rotation?

I am going to have it checked out at the dealer. The van is less than a year old so I think tire balance is still covered under the first year warranty.

·
Registered
286 Posts
It always happens to me after a tire rotation.
The front and rear tires wore out differently so when the rear ones went to the front, they would have a different vibration patterns.
Most times, I just ignored if the vibrations were slight.
Sometimes, the vibrations were quite noticeable and I had to pull out the 2 front tires and re-installed them. That reduced the vibrations to a more tolerable level but not completely eliminated.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It always happens to me after a tire rotation.
The front and rear tires wore out differently so when the rear ones went to the front, they would have a different vibration patterns.
Most times, I just ignored if the vibrations were slight.
Sometimes, the vibrations were quite noticeable and I had to pull out the 2 front tires and re-installed them. That reduced the vibrations to a more tolerable level but not completely eliminated.
I took the front wheels off and rotated them about 180 degrees and reinstalled them again. The vibration is only slightly decreased. Maybe it's a balance issue. I would be surprised it is with such low mileage. The Odyssey is just under a year old...is balance covered under the warranty for the first year or 12,000 miles?

I will be making an appointment to have it checked by the dealer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts