Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my van was hit in the superstore parking lot on monday night. man, am i upset. the right front fender is knocked in pretty good. i have made a claim with my insurance company. it always seems to happen to my new cars.

------------------
2000 lx,fern grey,remote starter, single disc cd player,roof rack with cross rails, bra, hidden hitch,csa 5 spoke alloy wheels,15% film over oem privacy glass and artic alpine tires on the oem steel wheels.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
That's too bad! I guess it would be asking too much for the person who did it to leave a note or something...

------------------
'02 RRP EX NAV
Mudguards,cargo tray,door edge protectors, gold emblems,
17" TSW Spirit wheels with 235/55 Dunlop Sport A2 tires Lots more to come!
GOD BLESS AMERICA!!

P

·
0 Posts
Yeah, obviously.

Dude, if I ever did something like that (which I'm very careful not to) I'd be sure to leave a note. And we've had like five parking lot hit and runs, most of them on my Civic and our van. Luckily some passerby got the tags of the lady that smacked into our van, and the police paid her a visit--she had no clue what she had just done. And it was like her fifth hit and run, so we didn't report it because her license would have been revoked or something like that.

And fordsdad, that just STINKS!!! I can't believe how people refuse to take responsibility for nearly everything now. I see people who won't even take responsibility for their kids. Ugh. I hope whoever did it has a nasty scrape on their bumper.

Michelle

·
Registered
154 Posts
What a major drag! I don't wish that on anybody. How rude!

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
I once watched, from head on and high up in my van that I was just parking, as a kid in a totally beater Accord came flying into a parking space and clipped a shopping cart--sending it flying into and along the side of a brand-new Camry.

The kid got out and glanced at the Camry, ignored the situation, then went into the store.

Once I was sure the beater Accord had gone and there was no note on the Camry, I left a note for the Camry. It sure stirred up some stuff. I got a couple calls from the cops and everything.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it also happened last year to my ford contour(no note left). some days i lose my positive feeling about society. fortunately, i have a great contact in the body shop business. his shop does all the work for the local honda dealership.

------------------
2000 lx,fern grey,remote starter, single disc cd player,roof rack with cross rails, bra, hidden hitch,csa 5 spoke alloy wheels,15% film over oem privacy glass and artic alpine tires on the oem steel wheels.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Try Craftsman Collision (mine was in North Van) for repairs. My wife backed into a low curb and their paint match system was almost perfect.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by poodleluvr:
And it was like her fifth hit and run, so we didn't report it because her license would have been revoked or something like that</font>
Sounds to me like her license should have been revoked!

How many known hit-and-runs are acceptable to you? How many do you think she completely got away with?

Regards,

------------------
Maugham

"I plan to live forever. So far, so good"
'02 RP EX-L
'85 Prelude that we'll keep!
'01 Ninja folding aluminum scooter
'00 New Balance Model 658 Shoes w/ Green grass stains and '01 White Laces

P

·
0 Posts
I don't quite remember because it was several years ago.

This woman had a huge Caddie or something, so whenever she hit something, she just wouldn't feel it. And the person who saw it said our van's alarm was going crazy and she still didn't hear. And she had caused one the day before too.

We didn't report her out of the kindness of our hearts, but you do bring up a good point. If it was her fifth, who knows how many more she has caused since then.

And there wasn't any major damage to our van, so we really didn't want to deal with the insurance mumbo jumbo.

But to answer your question, yes, I do think her license should have been revoked. Who knows how long it will be before someone gets hurt. And I think ony one accident like fordsdad's is acceptable, so long as you take responsibility for it and get it fixed. Any more after that, and you should have learned. That woman probably caused a lot more hit and runs because the police said that she had absolutely no clue that she had backed into our very obvious van.

Michelle

------------------

• [~]2002 RP EXL-RES (10/30)
    [~]1995 Honda Civic DX Coupe
    [~]1990 Chrysler LeBaron Convertible
    [~]1987 Honda Civic Sedan
    [~]1986 Toyota LE Van

·
Registered
70 Posts
Originally posted by fordsdad:
my van was hit in the superstore parking lot

It is really a shame what happened to your van. I don't like people who do that and just don't care... I don't trust people in parking lots. A lot of them park to close to other cars, get out without even checking and hitting other peoples cars with their doors; shopping carts that are left anywhere close to vehicles... That is why I try to park further if I can.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
it was a weak moment. i was just picking up film and thought i would be only five minutes. by the way, the insurance company made the estimate at over $700.00

------------------

P

·
0 Posts
It's always when you least expect it.

I'm not suprised at the $700 quote. It was $953.18 (funny I can remember details like that) to get a small dent taken out of our Chrysler when some idiot senior at my high school failed to check traffic before she peeled from the curb.

I certainly hope it gets fixed soon! Do you know the feeling where you're driving a dented car and you feel like everyone is staring, thinking, "Oh my gosh, look at that dent! He/she must be an awful driver!"? Even when it's not your fault.

Good luck!

Michelle

------------------

• [~]2002 RP EXL-RES (10/30)
    [~]1995 Honda Civic DX Coupe
    [~]1990 Chrysler LeBaron Convertible
    [~]1987 Honda Civic Sedan
    [~]1986 Toyota LE Van

1 - 13 of 13 Posts