Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to get this hitch or similar and either this thule or this yakima. My question is anyone have any experience/recommendations for me? and I'm wondering if this kind of set up will block the rear view camera. Thanks

·
Registered
112 Posts
I had a similar setup on my previous car (hidden hitch from etrailer.com and a yakima 4 bike rack) and it worked well. The rear view camera is not exactly centered so while you will have some obstruction, you should still have some visibility. I personally like the Yakima, but the vertical post on it seems to be wider than the Thule, so I am not sure how that affect camera visibility.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I meant the camera is off center, not the post. Having looked at the pics again, the post seems centered. Just that it is wider than the Thule post. However, the Yakima seems to be better built. You shouldn't go wrong with either one.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looking for this stuff also. I am always concerned that the trunk may accidentally opened and hit the rack.
you could always do something like this and you would less likely hit your trunk. if it's stored.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have a small piece of square felt (the ones with the sticky back that are normally used on chair legs to protect floors) stuck on the bike rack post just where the door would hit if opened accidentally. Works good. I also turn off the power door switch when the bike rack is on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts