Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my used 01 EX last night and the dealer didnt have the book on hand (should be getting it soon though). Can someone please post instructions on programming the homelink buttons and also some information for what/how the other buttons can be used. Is it possible to set these up for X10 use?

Thanks in advance for the help! Great site, I have found many, many useful posts!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by bmar:
Just got my used 01 EX last night and the dealer didnt have the book on hand (should be getting it soon though). Can someone please post instructions on programming the homelink buttons and also some information for what/how the other buttons can be used. Is it possible to set these up for X10 use?

Thanks in advance for the help! Great site, I have found many, many useful posts!
</font>
Actually I just answered my own question by going to http://www.homelink.com
Although I would still be interested in seeing some of the different uses that people have for it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I can only help you slightly since I don't have access to the manual right now. Assuming the 2002 is the same as the 2001, here is what I did yesterday.

First, press down on the left and right buttons for about 20 seconds until the red light starts flashing. That will erase any previously learned codes.

Unplug your garage opener mechanism from its power source.

Take your remote garage door opener and hold it 3 to 5 inches from your homelink system. Simultaneously press your opener and the button of your choice on the homelink system until the red light flashes. Then you're all set. It took mine about 3 seconds to learn it. Remember to plug in your opener before testing it.

Good luck! Hope I was of some help.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
If the garage door opener is a "roving code" style system, such as Genie Intellicode, then the procedure is different. The code gets changed automatically each time it is used, to improve security. The homelink unit can handle this.

You have to press the training button on the main system itself (not on the remote) then press and hold the homelink button inside the Ody.

Regards,

------------------
Maugham

"I plan to live forever. So far, so good"
'02 RP EXL
'85 Prelude
'01 Ninja folding aluminum scooter
'00 New Balance Model 658 Shoes w/ Green grass stains and '01 White Laces

·
Registered
478 Posts
Anyone use the lighting modules? It would be nice for my wife to be able to turn on an interior light or two when coming home after dark.

------------------
'02 RRP EX NAV
Mudguards,cargo tray,Weathertech mats, Bug deflector, lampguards, gold emblems, 17" TSW Spirit wheels with 235/55 Dunlop Sport A2 tires (Some installed, some in the garage, some on the way!)
GOD BLESS AMERICA!!

·
Registered
564 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ody:
Anyone use the lighting modules?
</font>
I use X-10 devices all over the house. I can turn them on with the Homelink. I found it was best to put a receiver in the garage (the signal has trouble getting into the interior of the house).

------------------
-= Darell =-
2001 Civic EX (ULEV)- currently the BIG car.
1997 EV1 (ZEV) in process - "This is NOT your father's golf cart"

[This message has been edited by darelldd (edited 10-31-2001).]

·
Registered
596 Posts
Darrel- Can ya flush the commode with that thing? It would be handy if ya start down the road and get to wondering what ya left in the pot.....

Jerry O.

------------------
2001 Odyssey GG LX

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by darelldd:
I use X-10 devices all over the house. I can turn them on with the Homelink. I found it was best to put a receiver in the garage (the signal has trouble getting into the interior of the house).

</font>
Darrelldd, any product or website recommendations re: X10? Thanks!

------------------
Maugham

"I plan to live forever. So far, so good"
'02 RP EXL
'85 Prelude
'01 Ninja folding aluminum scooter
'00 New Balance Model 658 Shoes w/ Green grass stains and '01 White Laces

·
Registered
564 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jerry O:
Can ya flush the commode with that thing? </font>
Never tried actually. And it would be dangerous too! My daughter keeps tossing things in the toilet - one day we might lose the dog to an errant flush.

------------------
-= Darell =-

·
Registered
564 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Maugham:
Darrelldd, any product or website recommendations re: X10? Thanks!
</font>
x10.com and smarthome.com are the two biggies I know of. Be warned that if you sign up on x10.com for the newsletter, or whatever they call it, it'll come about 10 times a day. You can opt off it again though, so you aren't stuck with it as SPAM forever. Smarthome has a large catalog with anything you could ever want. x10.com has sales ALL the time.

To operate a device with the Homelink, all you need is a plug-in receiver and remote (less than $20 worth of stuff). Here's the typical receiver http://www.x10.com/products/x10_tm751.htm

and here's a kit that is even more than you need. (it'll control two appliances and your whole entertainment center) http://www.x10.com/products/x10_HK10A2.htm You just use the Homelink to learn the remote code, and you use the Homelink to operate the device.

I can explain better if you need. I'm beat!

------------------
-= Darell =-

·
Registered
42 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by darelldd:
Be warned that if you sign up on x10.com for the newsletter, or whatever they call it, it'll come about 10 times a day. You can opt off it again though, so you aren't stuck with it as SPAM forever.</font>
Has anybody noticed how much web advertising x10.com does? I can't believe how many times I surf to a site and before I know it, x10 has popped up in another window. I feel like I'm on their mailing list even though I've never actively searched them out. I can only imagine how they must really send out the love once they have your e-mail address.

I've also noticed Orbitz must have redone their budget and allocated money towards web advertising.

None of this has anything to do with the original topic...sorry.

-Erik

·
Registered
564 Posts
You are right Erik. I hate x10 for that, actually. Those damn camera ads drive me nuts!

------------------
-= Darell =-

1 - 12 of 12 Posts