Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We can't seem to get our HomeLink transmitter to work with our Craftsman rolling code door openers (both openers are less than a year old). Any help? We've gone through the owner's manual instructions several times with no luck.

Couldn't find anything useful with the search engine.

Michelle

------------------
"My philosophy about finding lost items is that they're always in the last place you look"

[This message has been edited by poodleluvr (edited 12-04-2001).]

·
Registered
261 Posts
I had the same problem as you months ago...I have to say that the instructions found on our Owner's Manual is not the correct way to program a rolling-code.

I called HomeLink's 1800-number (can be found on the Ody's owners manual). The rep was very kind and patient enough to go through all the steps to make it work. I didnt have a cordless, so she had to wait when I put her on hold, while I ran (back & forth) to the Ody in the garage to do the steps she just told me.

So just give it a try.

------------------

·
Registered
205 Posts
Well, this probably isn't much help, but I pressed the little red button on the back of the motor unit of the garage door opener, then pressed the Homelink button I wanted to program for about 10 seconds. I had to do this twice, and it seemed to work OK. I DO have to press the Homelink button for about two seconds for it to open or close the garage door, however - which I don't have to do with my regular garage door opener.

------------------
Richard
2002 Granite Green EX-L
Splash Guards, Cargo Tray, Weathertech Mats

·
Super Moderator
13,603 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by pearsonrj:
Well, this probably isn't much help, but I pressed the little red button on the back of the motor unit of the garage door opener, then pressed the Homelink button I wanted to program for about 10 seconds. I had to do this twice, and it seemed to work OK. I DO have to press the Homelink button for about two seconds for it to open or close the garage door, however - which I don't have to do with my regular garage door opener.

</font>
This is exactly what I did to program the homelink in my Maxima. Sometimes I have to press the homelink button twoce in order for it to work though.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Stop pressing the red button when the yellow led flashes. If you continue to press the button longer, you will reset all the transmitters. [I have done this :) ]

Additionally, If I recall correctly, there is a limit on number of remotes the unit will learn.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Craftsman opener here, too (6 months old) and no problems following the directions in the Ody manual for programming the Homelink button. Worked fine.

·
Registered
43 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by adam1991:
Craftsman opener here, too (6 months old) and no problems following the directions in the Ody manual for programming the Homelink button. Worked fine.</font>
Yes, follow the instructions in the Ody Owners manual. Not the Craftsman Manual, they did not work for me either.

You need a helper for this. Not a one man job.

[This message has been edited by honda4 (edited 12-05-2001).]

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
It probably helps, but you don't really need a helper. Just have a stool ready, and take the plastic cover off of the door opener. Then park the Ody next to the stool.

I did it myself one night, about 11pm. You have plenty of time to push all the buttons correctly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts