Honda Odyssey Forum banner

Did the wiring harness change fix your issue?

• Yes

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had the pops and crackle issue since first leasing my new '19 EX-L in July of last year. What a nightmare this has been. First, I was asked to bring the van in after I had discovered the issue. The dealer couldn't 'replicate the problem' so asked me to get proof. Life happens and a few months later after my entire screen locks up and reboots while I am driving (a much more serious issue IMHO) I send in a video of the pops and crackles happening. I bring in the van yet again. The dealer orders the wiring harness, COVID hits, months delay which is understandable. But here is the kicker - I bring the vehicle in again finally after the dealer gets the harness. I get a call today saying THAT THE WIRING HARNESS ISN'T THE PROBLEM. The dealer says Honda doesn't really know what is going on, not only with their vans, but also the Pilot and some Acura models. In the mean time the Honda corporate rep has been in the top-5 unprofessional corporate customer care people I have ever dealt with. They can't do a make good, because they can't diagnose the problem or fix it. I'm finished with Honda (if this was my only problem with their vehicles) and I'm getting out of my lease. Just giving you all a heads up - this is a big recall about to happen and Honda can't get their crap together.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Odyssey EX-L, Platinum White Pearl on Mocha Brown Leather
816 Posts
I have had the pops and crackle issue since first leasing my new '19 EX-L in July of last year. What a nightmare this has been. First, I was asked to bring the van in after I had discovered the issue. The dealer couldn't 'replicate the problem' so asked me to get proof. Life happens and a few months later after my entire screen locks up and reboots while I am driving (a much more serious issue IMHO) I send in a video of the pops and crackles happening. I bring in the van yet again. The dealer orders the wiring harness, COVID hits, months delay which is understandable. But here is the kicker - I bring the vehicle in again finally after the dealer gets the harness. I get a call today saying THAT THE WIRING HARNESS ISN'T THE PROBLEM. The dealer says Honda doesn't really know what is going on, not only with their vans, but also the Pilot and some Acura models. In the mean time the Honda corporate rep has been in the top-5 unprofessional corporate customer care people I have ever dealt with. They can't do a make good, because they can't diagnose the problem or fix it. I'm finished with Honda (if this was my only problem with their vehicles) and I'm getting out of my lease. Just giving you all a heads up - this is a big recall about to happen and Honda can't get their crap together.
Welcome to the forum. This has been highly documented on here and Facebook groups. Some people had good luck after the latest update. Some after harnesses.

·
Registered
14 Posts
For my EX-L (no RES), it took 3 trips to have them first attempt to fix it by replugging wires that worked for a couple weeks. 3 more trips to replace the harness. Couple thousand miles later, so far so good.

Always 3 trips. 1st trip, they cant hear it. 2nd trip I request a ride along with technician who hears it. 3rd trip they fix it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts