Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which one did you choose? The all weather mats from Honda or WeatherTech?

Which one got better "coverage"? Especially for 2nd and 3rd row?

How about cargo tray? Worth the money? Does it work with the 3rd row folding down?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Well I opted for the Honda OEM all weather mats and am picking them up Friday. I have the cargo tray (that goes in the well behind the 3rd row) and it's a nice fit. And yes the 3rd row seats fold nicely into them.

I did order the weathertech window visors though.

Only concern about the all weather mats is what to put between the 2nd row seats when the middle seat is out. I don't believe the mats cover that area.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
We're getting the OEM ones. Weathertech seems like a fine product, but looks to me like a work truck floor. Like the OEM look better, and we're only planning to use them in winter. Much easier to remove than the huge weathertech midlle and third row liner. My local dealer won't match the HandA.com price though. Found anything even better for price?

·
Registered
218 Posts
I like the OEM mats because it looks easier to remove to clean them rather than the weather techs which seems to be one piece from second to third rows. Looks like you would have to remove the seats to get the weather techs out.

Ohh and if you get the OEM ones I recommend you removing the carpet mats. That way you can use the OEM anchors to secure the all weather mats in place. Weird that my dealer said you don't have to remove them. Just place over the carpet mats. I didn't like it. The All weathers looked elevated.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Honda OEM All Weather mats came with our 2012 Touring. I like them, but due to our 4 boys (3-12yrs), we decided we needed better protection and went with the WeatherTech.

WeatherTech definately has better coverage (especially for the 2nd & 3rd rows), as you can see from pics on their website. Installation and removal requires the 2nd row seats to be removed. No big deal to me. Additionally, we don't use the middle 2nd row seat very often and I will be putting a 2x2 piece of rubber under the weathertech to cover/protect the middle seat anchors.

We have the Honda OEM cargo tray. Like it. It does a good job. It does not need to be removed for the seats to be folded down. I suspect the WeatherTech cargo tray works the same.

Cheers.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Honda OEM All Weather mats came with our 2012 Touring. I like them, but due to our 4 boys (3-12yrs), we decided we needed better protection and went with the WeatherTech.
So you got a set of pesky OEM all weather matts hogging precious storage space in the garage, eh? I can help with that, you know...... :)

·
Registered
182 Posts
Banardi is cheaper than H&A.

We're prolly going with H&A tho... assuming we end up buying the actual car from them. Even if we don't, I prolly still will. Support the local business. The internet manager for car sales actually had really good prices too. Not the absolute lowest but pretty close. Hopefully, they stay cheap (including accessories) cuz they just got sold to a new owner.

·
Registered
1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the OEM mats. It has enough coverage. Maybe if I live in Oregon or Washington, I'll get the Weathertech.
Plus I bought the OEM mats way less than Weathertech.
I also have the OEM Cargo Tray and Folding Cargo Mat. The only thing with folding cargo mat is that it is difficult to store when I have the 3rd row up.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I'm getting the OEM ones. I got to hand it to Carmichael (now Maita) Honda. They REALLY want your business. I'm getting them for less than $100. University Honda was great too, but their Internet Sales said their hands were tied with the accessories. I really wanted certain accessories and would like to tie it into the loan and Carmichael bent over backwards to work with me. Kinda shocked at how great a deal I got... and now more annoyed at how bad a deal I got from Roseville for my old Ridgeline.

·
Registered
182 Posts
They "throw in" the mats for $100 with the new van or you can buy them for $100 all day long?
That price because I'm buying a van from them. Still, the "regular" price is only $150. Not much more than that eBay guy, although there might be shipping. The dealer is also known online as H & A Accessories.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.