Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my Ody today and the finance dude tried REAL hard to sell me the Honda care for about 2200 for 8 years
120k but I passed cuz I wasn't prepared for that discussion.

Is that a good price? If not what's everyone else paying for that coverage? I'd only be interested in the 8/120. If it matters I'm in Los Angeles.

Also what's the timeframe in which I can still buy it, does it have to be with the vehicle? Same dealer?

And what's the deal with refunding the purchase price?

TIA

·
Super Moderator
13,646 Posts
Have you checked out the dedicated Warranty Forum? It has answers to almost all your questions.

·
Registered
69 Posts
vqdriver said:
Just got my Ody today and the finance dude tried REAL hard to sell me the Honda care for about 2200 for 8 years
120k but I passed cuz I wasn't prepared for that discussion.

Is that a good price? If not what's everyone else paying for that coverage? I'd only be interested in the 8/120. If it matters I'm in Los Angeles.

Also what's the timeframe in which I can still buy it, does it have to be with the vehicle? Same dealer?

And what's the deal with refunding the purchase price?

TIA
i'm in l.a. we bought our 2011 ex-l, black/truffle at spreen honda in redlands. they wanted $2100 initially for a 7/100k honda care warranty, dropped it to $1300 when i said no thanks... i don't usually buy extended warranties.

after some reading and concern about transmissions and all the power equipment and knowing we'd keep the car for at least 10 years, i decided to shop for a honda care warranty.

bought a 8/120, $0 deductible honda care from saccuci honda for $1295. email them for quotes -- some rule won't allow them to post them online and sell it directly on the web, so you just email them to get a quote and then call to buy. supposedly warranties were to go up in price slightly (?$25-50?) for 2011. super nice, just asked for mileage and vin#.

you have until 6000 miles before the cost of the warranties go up.

hope this helps.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I heard diff things about out of state dealers selling to Cali residents but it's all good. I'm in touch with gardiner or Christina tomorrow

·
Registered
35 Posts
When I bought our EX-L last week, I got a quote from curryhondacare.com. Just fill out their web form for an automated email.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
just got off the phone with sacucci honda and bought the 8/120/0 coverage for 1295

quick and easy.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Saccucci

Same here (though did 7/80 --- a screaming value).
Saccucci is the way to go for Californians since Hyannis and others haven't cleared all the legal hurdles to sell to us here.

The CA dealers can't seem to understand how Saccucci can do it, as their "cost" was reportedly a couple hundred higher than what Saccucci was selling for.

·
Registered
50 Posts
$400 price difference between 7 years 80K, and 8 years 100K. Big jump comparing with previous tiers.

Honda care coverage starts at the contract date. You can buy the care with new vehicle pricing within 6K miles. So It maybe good idea to postpone the purchase until approaching 6K miles instead of buying immediately. Which basically extends the coverage by about half year.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Are you sure it's not from date of purchase of the vehicle - in which case it wouldn't give you the time extension?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts