Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there! New to the forum, but have been lurking for awhile! :) Just traded my 04 oddy for 2014... and now I'm on to the warranty decision. I know that I want to get one...I just don't know which one. I had a CNA National for the 04 which paid for itself (it is sold by the dealer). 10 years later they are selling the same CNA National plan and offer a 10yr/120000 mi. I know with the 04, years 8, 9 and 10 were the worst, so the extended coverage, would be great (10 years vs 8 years on Honda Care).

I'm having a hard time comparing the two, however. I've got pricing covered. And know that each can be used at any Honda dealer in the US. But wondered if other have had CNA National and what their experiences were.

Also, does Honda Care cover all the electronics/technology in the new oddy's? Camera's, sensors, etc.???

My experience with CNA was positive with the 04. But, I know many recommend Honda Care.

Thanks so much for your help! :)

·
Registered
288 Posts
My vote would be for Honda Care if you can get it over any third-party extended warranty. But, if you had a good experience previously with CNA National and you can get equal or better coverage for less money, go for it. I HAD to (no choice in the matter, as Honda Care was not an option) get a third-party mechanical breakdown protection policy (Mercury) through an insurance agency.The one time I have used it they paid the claim with no questions asked(malfuncting instrument cluster)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi there! New to the forum, but have been lurking for awhile! :) Just traded my 04 oddy for 2014... and now I'm on to the warranty decision. I know that I want to get one...I just don't know which one. I had a CNA National for the 04 which paid for itself (it is sold by the dealer). 10 years later they are selling the same CNA National plan and offer a 10yr/120000 mi. I know with the 04, years 8, 9 and 10 were the worst, so the extended coverage, would be great (10 years vs 8 years on Honda Care).

I'm having a hard time comparing the two, however. I've got pricing covered. And know that each can be used at any Honda dealer in the US. But wondered if other have had CNA National and what their experiences were.

Also, does Honda Care cover all the electronics/technology in the new oddy's? Camera's, sensors, etc.???

My experience with CNA was positive with the 04. But, I know many recommend Honda Care.

Thanks so much for your help! :)
Did you purchase CNA warranty?; How was the experience?

I am currently in need of warranty purchase but having confusion which one to buy.

Dealer offers CNA (10yrs/150k miles/$100 deductible for $1,750) Vs HondaCare (8yrs/120k miles/0$ deductible for $1,345).
Coverage looking for 2020 odyssey EXL-Navi/RES

Kindly help me with your experience, if you still read this thread.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts

I am currently in need of warranty purchase but having confusion which one to buy.

Dealer offers CNA (10yrs/150k miles/$100 deductible for $1,750) Vs HondaCare (8yrs/120k miles/0$ deductible for $1,345).

Jack, this forum gets a lot of drive-by posters, meaning they come here one time and get their question answered then never come back. All 3 threads you posted in are pretty well that situation, so highly unlikely any of the original posters are going to see your question.

That said, with 35+ years in and around the car business I personally would never buy a 3rd party warranty. Too many things can go wrong, so for me it is factory extended warranty or nothing. Many have reported here being able to get huge discounts on the factory extended warranty through several dealers that will sell the warranty to you even if you aren't buying the car from them. This only works with new cars and you may want to confirm that they can sell the warranty to you in the state you reside in as I seem to recall that issue coming up. I don't know who all does this, but Hyannis and Saccucci do for sure. Just google them and contact them.

Good luck!

·
Registered
4 Posts
can you tell me which dealer is offering that warranty for Hondacare at the $1345 price? I’m looking to get one on a 2018 elite Odyssey and seeing more like $1475 for $0 deductible and 4yrs/120k.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
can you tell me which dealer is offering that warranty for Hondacare at the $1345 price? I’m looking to get one on a 2018 elite Odyssey and seeing more like $1475 for $0 deductible and 4yrs/120k.
That poster hasn't been on the forum in a month. I would suggest trying the two I mentioned in my earlier post.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sorry for the delay. Please use the links below to shop around:

hyannishondacare is the lowest I got with $1320 / 120 months / $0 Deductible. We can easily get the email quote from all the above sites by filling few details. From Hyannis Honda, its price transparent and no hidden charge and No Tax.

Sean Rausch
Hyannis Honda
830 W. Main St
Hyannis, MA 02601
774 470 4054
[email protected]

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have purchased Honda Care from hyannishondacare.com
Request the quote online by visiting above website (go to available plan section). Quote will arrive in a minute to your email. If needed, contact below:

Sean Rausch
Hyannis Honda
830 W. Main St
Hyannis, MA 02601
774 470 4054
[email protected]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts