Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '99 Ody is in its 35,079 miles already. Now Im contemplating about 7/100k/0 extended warranty that Honda Care provides.

I have read quite a number of tranny failures and replacements...I remember that someone had to pay a (couple of) thousand(s) to have a "refurbished" tranny replaced in an Ody which was still under warranty.

My main reason to even consider Honda Care is the fear of tranny failure. If some day my tranny failed...would I have to pay the full or partial, or would the Honda Care take care of me without (further) touching my wallet.

I dont know how to put my questionS in words, ...Is it smart to base the purchase of a $875+$60 warranty on the fear of tranny failure??? AARRrrggghhh!!! I'm so torn in between... help!!!

I welcome your opinion. Thanks.

------------------

·
Registered
628 Posts
Is it smart to base the purchase of a $875+$60 warranty on the fear of tranny failure??? AARRrrggghhh!!! I'm so torn in between... help!!!

The simple answer is that you are betting that you will have the need of a warranty for something that will break on your Ody and Honda is betting that something won't break, thus they are making $800 on the bet.

------------------
Mike Lowary
'00 traded-in
'02 ordered

'96 Honda Accord EX
'01 Honda Goldwing ABS
'96 Honda Helix

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by abyez:
...I remember that someone had to pay a (couple of) thousand(s) to have a "refurbished" tranny replaced in an Ody which was still under warranty.
</font>
Can someone back (confirm) this piece of info PLEASE
I may have read some where, but forgot about it. If anyone has more detailed info please please please share.

Thank you

P/S : sixtn39 : who would you think will win? consumers or Honda? ...yours is another perspective to look at it...Thanks.

------------------

1 - 3 of 3 Posts