Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if it’s possible to swap a 2007 engine to the 2005 model! My misses car has a low oil pressure problem and have replaced sensors and now the mechanics are talking about replacing strainers, they said this may fix the problem but it may not so I’m just trying to get another engine to eliminate any other mechanical costs associated with the original motor! Any help would be appreciated thanks

·
Registered
143 Posts
Depending on the model the engines should be interchangeable across all years from 2005-2010

If you have an LX/EX (with cloth seats and no VCM) : J35A6

If you have an EX-L or Touring : J35A7

Reactions: Kaine

·
Registered
8,659 Posts
The 2007 had a different transmission from the 2005. So it's highly unlikely that the PCM (powertrain control module) would be compatible.

Better to match the year and so eliminate the doubt.

Dave

·
Registered
143 Posts
Yes the 05 had a 3 shaft transmission. The 07 and up had a beefier 4 shaft transmission that was shared with the Pilot and Ridgeline at the time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I live in Australia and there is a 07 that’s been hit in the front that hasn’t damaged the engine and can get the complete car for $1000, so I was thinking of changing wiring loom, ecu engine and gear box, but I was wondering if anyone else had done this and had problems or if it went smoothly? And thanks for your timely response!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts