Honda Odyssey Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
FYI I had experienced all the below problems. Good news, Honda Corp immediately approved an infotainment screen replacement. Part arrived to dealer within two days and total job took about 2 hours.

Prior to Replacement:

• Screen randomly flickered to green momentarily during driving
  • Remote start and the screen would not turn on when car started using push button
  • After a few days, screen would not even turn on upon start. Audio worked but no functionality via the screen and no backup camera in Reverse
  • Screen would then come on 5-10 minutes into driving
Very frustrating with 300 miles on the odo. Resolution was fantastic however so I can’t really complain too much

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,
Just to chime in - our 2019 Odyssey (Elite) is doing the same things. It has about 6400 miles on it, 7 months and 3 days old. The display won't turn off, the backup camera won't work, the in car DVD etc won't play, it thinks it is moving when it is parked in the garage, and the radio says "Radio unavailable". (Plus the touch screen seems to be acting flakey when using CarPlay).

Talked to the 888-528-7876 number and they asked if we tried any troubleshooting - given we were 400 miles from home and had no keyboard to try the ctrl-alt-delete and didn't want to mess with fuses, the answer was no.

The guy said that the dealer probably wouldn't be able to do anything if "they couldn't duplicate it" so I said, I'll just leave it in the garage since we just got home and let take it to the dealer in the morning. I also said that I guess if the battery dies overnight due to the display being on, then Honda roadside would have to come and deal with it.

I would've tried the suggestions here since we got home, but want it documented at the dealership. He did suggest taking a video of what it is doing to also document it.

That's our experience, thank you for the tips and everything above, it was helpful to have some knowledge going into the call and taking it to the dealership tomorrow.

I have to say, I'm pretty disappointed in Honda that this seems to be a somewhat longstanding problem with older models.

If anyone is interested, I'll follow-up with whatever the dealer says.

Thanks again! :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
This has happened to me twice, both times on long (3+hour drives) with a CarPlay device attached and playing audio. I have pulled the fuse and all was well, but without being handy, my car would have drained the battery. Shocked this isn't on their radar as it must be the issue behind hundreds of calls for dead battery jumps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,
Just to chime in - our 2019 Odyssey (Elite) is doing the same things. It has about 6400 miles on it, 7 months and 3 days old. The display won't turn off, the backup camera won't work, the in car DVD etc won't play, it thinks it is moving when it is parked in the garage, and the radio says "Radio unavailable". (Plus the touch screen seems to be acting flakey when using CarPlay).

Talked to the 888-528-7876 number and they asked if we tried any troubleshooting - given we were 400 miles from home and had no keyboard to try the ctrl-alt-delete and didn't want to mess with fuses, the answer was no.

The guy said that the dealer probably wouldn't be able to do anything if "they couldn't duplicate it" so I said, I'll just leave it in the garage since we just got home and let take it to the dealer in the morning. I also said that I guess if the battery dies overnight due to the display being on, then Honda roadside would have to come and deal with it.

I would've tried the suggestions here since we got home, but want it documented at the dealership. He did suggest taking a video of what it is doing to also document it.

That's our experience, thank you for the tips and everything above, it was helpful to have some knowledge going into the call and taking it to the dealership tomorrow.

I have to say, I'm pretty disappointed in Honda that this seems to be a somewhat longstanding problem with older models.

If anyone is interested, I'll follow-up with whatever the dealer says.

Thanks again! :)
The dealer just noted it and reset things. Somewhat worthless (as expected). Hopefully it doesn't keep happening!

41 - 45 of 45 Posts