Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 Honda Odyssey EXL. Driver side automatic sliding door closes completely but does not lock/unlock when tried manually via the driver control locking button or via a remote from (outside). The door can only be locked by manually by using the lock button on the door. There is no indication of any fault (light on) on the front panel.

·
Registered
2 Posts
slider door locking problem

I have the exact same problem with the passenger side slider on my '04 odyssey, neither the key fob or the electric lock switch on either front door will lock or unlock the lock on the passenger slider. The door will lock and unlock just fine by sliding the door lock with your finger, it is just the electric stuff that has stopped working.
Can somebody give me an idea on what has failed?

·
Registered
318 Posts
Probably a broken door actuator, although the other possibility is a bad multiplex unit.

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
Try cleaning the contacts on the edge of the door.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Try cleaning the door contacts with an eraser if this doesn't work it's a failed door lock actuator. The interior door panel has to come off to replace the actuator. Not a really difficult job it took me about an hour doing it for the first time.

Search this site someone posted a DIY with pics.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts