Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi parents! We have an almost 3yo toddler and an 8 mo baby. My CR-V is just struggling for space with those big ass car seats, and I’ve been wishing I had just caved and got a minivan to start with. So we are now looking at the Honda Odyssey and the Toyota Sienna. I’m personally partial to Hondas, so that’s where my primary focus is. We’re looking at used due to our budget, and having trouble deciding between getting an EX-L and the Touring or Elite. The vacuum looks pretty cool and I’m tempted by the entertainment center, but getting the higher trim level would cost about 3k more I think. Is it worth it? I mean DVDs are kinda on their way out, and the kids will have tablets probably. But the vacuum... oh my little mommy heart goes pitty-pat. But as my husband says, we can just get a dust buster, and he’s probably right. There’s an Odyssey Elite for sale in our area that’s just barely within our budget, but I’m not sure if it’s really worth it. Thoughts?

·
Registered
126 Posts
You may be posting in the wrong forum... I don't think the Elite with the vacuum was available from 2005-2010.

The Nav system in this generation is very out of date and slow to use, so IMO not worth it, although it does give you a backup camera, so there's that.

Bluetooth handsfree is a nice option.

Power sliding doors is probably a must have if you have youngsters who won't have the strength to manually slide them. Power liftgate may be handy, too.

Leather seats clean up better than cloth and I think usually come with heaters.

I don't see the vacuum being a real benefit -- most of the mess that gets in our interior is mud or liquid spills. Good Weathertec mats or similar will help there.

Some of the high trim models have run-flat PAX tires. From what I hear, those are a disaster and owners generally swap wheels to run normal tires.

Most of this stuff you can just think about and use your imagination whether it would be something good for you. All of the options are potential points for reliability issues, with the power doors probably being the most problematic. But IMO they are worth it.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
As you contemplate buying a used Odyssey, I think much more important than features is for you to research the mechanical topics that are germane to our vehicles and the condition of any Odyssey you are considering buying. Things like: timing belt history, VCM vs non-VCM, maintnance history, etc.... Features are not a great discriminator, if the car does not run or if you have to dump a lot of money into repairs or maintennce. A timing belt job is a $1,000 expense, for example. You need to learn about VCM and VCM muzzler devices, the transmission differences, etc.... This forum is a great place to learn and to ask questions. Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
I currently still own my '06 Odyssey EXL-RES. I would never buy another one just because of what's mentioned above - timing belt and VCM and transmission.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi parents! We have an almost 3yo toddler and an 8 mo baby. My CR-V is just struggling for space with those big ass car seats, and I’ve been wishing I had just caved and got a minivan to start with. So we are now looking at the Honda Odyssey and the Toyota mobdro Sienna. I’m personally partial to Hondas, s o that’s where my primary focus is. We’re looking at used due to our budget, and having trouble deciding between getting an EX-L and the Touring or Elite. The vacuum looks pretty cool and I’m tempted by the entertainment center, but getting the higher trim level would cost about 3k more I think. Is it worth it? I mean DVDs are kinda on their way out, and the kids will have tablets probably. But the vacuum... oh my little mommy heart goes pitty-pat. But as my husband says, we can just get a dust buster, and he’s probably right. There’s an Odyssey Elite for sale in our area that’s just barely within our budget, but I’m not sure if it’s really worth it. Thoughts? https://sarkariresult.onl/

issue has been solved!!

·
Registered
440 Posts
Sorry guys, this ..Martinze is a Spammer. Why would he duplicate the first post? To insert Spam Links! Where is our moderator to remove this click-baiting drek? There is a similar Martinze posting in the 2nd Gen Forum. And they share the same location flag! Wonder how many more Martinze clones are posting in our Forum!

edit- Thanks BBrages! Didn't notice the (!) button! I I repoted the 3 different threads from this spammer, as well as posting to the Feedback section earlier.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts