Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
As a current owner of a '96 Grand Caravan with more problems then there is time here to detail, I'm somewhat paranoid about "changes" to the Ody for '02. Both physical and a new production plant. Should I be? Should I wait till spring/summer for them to work out the details or am I being overly cautious? Thoughts anyone??

------------------
Future owner of a '02 Ody
Current owner of a '96 Grand Caravan & '98 Mazda 626

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
am I being overly cautious? Thoughts anyone??

[/B][/QUOTE]

Most of these major component chnages are stock from the Acura line, both the MDX and the other more tested vehicles.

Besides interior additions and cosmetics it is the same platform with upgraded parts taken from tested and proven vehicles. Why wait?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Ok, just from the pictures, it looks like you can't have navi and entertainment system both or am I wrong?

------------------

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ChadK:
Ok, just from the pictures, it looks like you can't have navi and entertainment system both or am I wrong?

</font>
The FEATURES section mentions specifically that you cannot have both. One or the other, AND, you have to have leather as well to get either.

·
Registered
585 Posts
What? Me jealous?? No way...umm...urrr...hmmm.

OK I'M JEALOUS! TOMHAN, you just scored BIGTIME my friend. I had no idea the changes would be so dramatic. Geez; I already thought this was the ultimate mini-van....now its even better.

<table><tr><td>
</td><td width="20" img="http://demo.healthstream.com/content/challenge/images/clear.gif"></td><td><font face="Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif" size="1" color="#454545">Marvyn - 2001 SS EX-NAVI (2500 mi)
Mud Flaps * Cargo Tray * Leather Steering Wheel Wrap * Blaupunkt 652 Speakers * Hyper-brand 'Xenon Blue' Headlights * Weathertech Floor Mats * PIAA Xtreme White 7440 Backup Lights
</font></td></tr></table>

[This message has been edited by nyvram (edited 08-03-2001).]

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
It's like they read our wish lists and then said "Oh, hell, give 'em everything on the list!"

------------------
Chuck
Click here for Ody pics, mods and fixes.

[This message has been edited by ckonarske (edited 08-02-2001).]

[This message has been edited by ckonarske (edited 08-02-2001).]

·
Registered
206 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by KGBTV:
The FEATURES section mentions specifically that you cannot have both. One or the other, AND, you have to have leather as well to get either.

</font>
Now I have to NOT only decide color, but choose between DVD-entertainment system (4 kids) or Navigation system (Dad's toy)!!

------------------

·
Registered
18 Posts
This stuff is AWESOME! I feel like it's Christmas morning. Can't wait to take delivery.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Honda really understands how to listen to customers and responded by improving an already terrific product.

The majority of "comfort" complaints on this board and others deal with the seating being inadequate. They "bolster" the seating and add lumbar support to the EX in 2002.

Road noise is another source of dissatisfaction for many owners, they've improved the noise dampening to addess that problem.

Some car magazines have found fault with the transmission and Honda is the first to put a 5-speed in a minivan.

Brakes, hooks to hang the plastic shopping bags, new big cupholders, etc., etc..

Incredible amount of improvement for a product they already sells every one that rolls off the line.

Now if we only new how much!

·
1,484 Posts
Okay I'm not so speechless. But I am jealous. 240 hp, 5 speed automatic, rear-disc brakes, center rod side cup holders, red/amber taillights, more airbags, and more...WOW!!!

I like how they made room for the steering wheel audio controls. But don't much like the design of the airbag - looks like the new civcs. Interesting what they did the DVD player and the screen. Nice!

I'm very curious about the new suspension changes. More spring rate but still car like ride? I gotta see that! And did you see the size of that emblem on the grill?

And finally...still no sunroof???

-Nestor

P.S. Ahhh...I'm in "Swapper Heaven"

·
Registered
62 Posts
Without a doubt, we are now looking at the undisputed, uncontested champion of the minivan market. Not even the other boards can deny that this van is incredible. Any complaints will be simple jealousy. I bow to Honda! When I started the 2002 update thread I could have only dreamed we would get all of this. I can already envision it in my garage. The only problem is, how is my wife going to get me to come out of it each day? I'm not sure I'll be able to leave it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
There is one subtle change that one might miss unless you look at the specifications tab. The tire size has been increased to 225/R60/16 from I believe 215/R65/16.

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
Last one to the parts bin is a rotten egg!

Daddy wants 4 wheel disc brakes.

------------------
Jim
'01 GG EX w/stuff
'93 Nissan Sentra SE-R with more stuff

·
Registered
91 Posts
It's ... it's ... it's like Christmas in August. Gads! I'm glad I waited.

I buzzed these pointers STRAIGHT at my dealer's email box. Now all I have to do is figgure out how all the options are packaged on the various models and what's left over to add.

My thanks to all on this site, and to all a good night! (HA!)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Very nice changes. I especially like the bag hooks for the cargo area and will be sure to check out adding those if possible to my (ok the Wife's) '01 LX when it comes in sometime next month. The new 2nd row cupholders seem nice too, although they appear to be stolen straight from the Sienna and my kids (3 and 1) wouldn't be able to reach them for years anyway. And I'm sure that the 5-speed tranny will be very nice. Can't say that I care about the thicker wheel though, as I will be adding the leather wrap to mine just as soon as I get it home.

Ah, if only I didn't have to get a new car really soon (wagon lease is up 8/11, Ody build date window is 8/11-15), I'd be waiting for an '02 EX with the entertainment system. Hmmm, with my build date I'm getting the last '01 my dealer will be getting. I wonder if any of the new improvements will slip into my Ody?

Scott

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
There goes the JDM tailight idea. Then again, maybe the tailights will be easier to purchase.
Definitely a nice van. Hmmmmmm.....trade-in thoughts.............Naaaaaah. I'm happy.

------------------
-Rob-
'01 GG LX "Lagreat"(with stuff,just S-T-U-F-F)
http://community.webshots.com/album/18601743AkjQIJiKqK

1 - 20 of 72 Posts