Honda Odyssey Forum banner

21 - 40 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
I guess no HID's and no Sportshift transmission. I think they should have had an option for sports car like handling instead of just sedan like handling. I suspect the '02 Ody will ride more like the MDX - which IMHO is very close to the RL.

·
Registered
196 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by nyvram:
What? Me jealous?? No way...umm...urrr...hmmm.

OK I'M JEALOUS! TOMHAN, you just scored BIGTIME my friend. I had no idea the changes would be so dramatic. Geez; I already thought this was the ultimate mini-van....now its even better.
</font>
------------------
Wow! I'm speechless. What a beauty! Love the wheels and JDM or is it now ADM lights. This is going to be the longest two months of my life. Of coarse I mean this will be a long wait for my wife. Obviously these minivans are for women and we guys have no attachment what-so-ever. Looks like the fog lights will be the same. For some reason I was expecting a big ugly grill like the DC's and I'm pleasently suprised that it didn't happen. It's cool they posted a pic of the MB version. I was having doubts, but not anymore. That is one fine lookin' van. I bet the leather would look great with a full wood dash kit.

Tom
2002 MB EX-L ?

[This message has been edited by tomhan (edited 08-03-2001).]

·
Registered
14 Posts
My dealership told me they could install the same RES installed at the factory to a NAV model (and thus they've ordered us a NAV model). After looking at those pictures, it doesn't look like there's enough room in the dash for both systems. Since, for us, the RES is a must have, and the NAV is an expendable add-on, I've e-mailed them to confirm their claims that they can provide both systems integrated in-dash. If anyone knows that this is possible or impossible, let me know. Thanks.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Still no mention of price.

The new van looks very nice. Part of me wishes we had waited (just got our '01 SS EX/NAV IVES 3 weeks ago), but overall I am still very happy with our '01.

The RES system looks very cool, but we really wanted a NAV system as well, so the IVES is working great for us. I love those leather seats - they look as good as the leather in my Acura. That's the one feature that I would have wanted to wait for, but my wife really preferred the cloth seats, and it's her van. And of course, more horsepower is always nice, but our van still drives MUCH MUCH better than our old Windstar, and if we want speed, we can just take my car - an '02 Acura TL Type S.

So, overall I can live with our choice to get the '01, but for those of you who waited for the '02 - WOW! Looks like you guys are in for a real treat.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I can't open the link. Is it me or is it me?
I've been here since 7:30am and I can't open the link. I need to see pictures. Please! Oh, pretty please. For the love of ODY, can someone tell me how I can see the pictures.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Boy,

Honda doesn't screw around do they? Sort of makes me regret getting my '01 EX GG! Hmmmm... wonder how much those tail-lights and the rear disks cost to add on???? Better yet, how much would they give me for a trade in?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm off to the dealer to see what he will give me for my 2001 white LX w/Acura wheels, mud guards, & Nakamichi CD player.
I don't care what all of you other 2001 owners are saying, how could you be happy driving the 2001 when you know how much better the 2002's are gonna be? WOW!!!
.....there goes the resale value of our 2001.
Any offers?????

·
Registered
59 Posts
Wow! This site rocks!

I have been sitting on the fence trying to decide on purchasing a 2001 or wait for the 2002's. After seeing this, I called my local dealer and cancelled my 2001 GG EX that is in transit. Delivery date was supposed to be Aug 8th. The dealer gave me such a hard time about moving my order to a 2002 that I got mad I cancelled the whole order. If I am paying MSRP I think I should be able to call the shots.

I called another dealer 30 miles away and am second on the list for a 2002 Redrock Pearl EX. I have been waiting since June 6th for my 2001 so what’s another 2 months.

You guys are great! I think all the rumored changed were correct. Keep up the great work.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Anyone care to comment on the line that says "Due to go on sale late August"? I was sure that they'd come out in late September. Maybe this actually means that actual orders can be taken in late August for a late Sept 1st delivery.

I'm just giddy thinking about getting our 02!!

Also, Nemogira, I noticed your question about "still no sunroof". From what I understand, Honda has opted to go for safety over the "benefit" of the sunroof. A hole in the roof would reduce the integrity of the "ribcage", so I've heard.

·
1,484 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by lifer:
Also, Nemogira, I noticed your question about "still no sunroof". From what I understand, Honda has opted to go for safety over the "benefit" of the sunroof. A hole in the roof would reduce the integrity of the "ribcage", so I've heard.</font>
That is true. But still, Honda's put sunroofs in almost all their other vehicles (Accords, Civic, CR-V). The Ody has even been reported to be good at not rolling over. But then again the Odyssey is much larger than most Hondas.

I don't know - it's just that a lot of the competition has the sunroof. Oh well, you 2002 will just have to live w/o a sunroof and have no choice but to play w/ your 240 hp, 4 disc brakes, and dvd entertainment system! I feel bad for you guys

-nemogira

·
Registered
103 Posts
I most impressed with the add ons for the '02
I wish I was on the market for a new Odyssey. Unfortunately mine is only a year old.

·
Registered
1 Posts
What timing! We placed our order for an '01 GG EX about two weeks ago. The dealer called Monday to say it would arrive this week. I called him Tuesday to cancel the '01 and to get on the list for an '02 EX-L (possibly EX-LRES, depending on price). The '01 arrived yesterday and we went to look at it. He tried to talk us into it (not many changes in '02, we can add leather, you'll have to wait, possible big price increase, etc.) We said no and verified that we are number 1 on the '02 list at this dealership. Thanks to this forum and the surprisingly accurately rumors that were posted, I won't be kicking myself for the next 10 years everytime an '02 drives by. Honda has come through in a big way. I can almost smell that luxurious leather!

·
Registered
568 Posts
Let's all trade in our 01 for 02. Oh, yes don't forget to trade in those 00, 99 too.

Well, maybe I should pray that my less than 1 month old 01 GG EX is a LEMON so I could get Honda to get me an 02 EX.

------------------
'01 GG EX
Mud Guard, Wheel Lock, Cargo Tray, Weathertech Mats
leather steerling wheel cover, Pioneer 1655 speakers,
Lojack

[This message has been edited by bjk2001 (edited 08-03-2001).]

·
Registered
103 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by bjk2001:
Let's all trade in our 01 for 02. Oh, yes don't forget to trade in those 00, 99 too.
</font>
You read my mind. How about: GROUP TRADE-IN!!!

What dealer in each geographic region wouldn't love to sell a dozen or so new Ody's for MSRP AND get a dozen or so recent model year trade-ins to re-sell at practically MSRP again? Jim, can you get crackin' on this?

------------------
Steve
'01 GG EX w/ 3500 miles
Towing package, fog lights, KB subwoofer, leather steering wrap, splash guards, cargo tray, wheel locks, cross bars, Pioneer speakers

·
Registered
37 Posts
WOW! Honda really stepped up and met or exceeded all our improvement ideas. Now only if it had HID lights!

------------------
2000 Acura Nighthawk Black Pearl TL
1993 Ford Explorer

21 - 40 of 72 Posts