Honda Odyssey Forum banner

41 - 60 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
141 Posts
Wow. My two week old MB 01 EX seems suboptimal now.

I couldn't have waited (there's surely a list), but I can't help but thinking TRADE-IN now.

Now, if we can only find out about prices! If I'm going to keep my van for 10 years, I want the right one! I'm willing to swallow a little loss if I can get my way.

------------------
2001 Mesa Beige EX
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
478 Posts
YEAH, BABY!!!!
This really made my day
(and it was already a great day!)
I am going to opt for the NAV, but the RES does seem real nice. I suppose I could go aftermarket or iVES for the rear system?
I CAN'T WAIT


------------------
On the waiting list for my '02 EX Nav in RED!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
Wow, the '02 sounds just wonderful! You guys were absolutely right on in your intelligence work on the features - very few of the new features weren't talked about in advance on this board! I'm quite impressed.

After reading the press release, though, I'm suddenly not as excited to pick up my '01 SS EX next Tuesday. The main reason I decided to go with the '01 is that I want the video entertainment unit but I don't want leather seats. And, of course, I'm impatient and I didn't want to wait if I'm to be really honest about it. So I relate to all of the posters with '01's just purchased in the last few months who are "crying" that they didn't wait for the '02.

I'm consoling myself with the thought that we plan to trade our cars in now every few years and we'll get the upgrades on the next car.

------------------
vangirl

'00 Red S2000
'00 Black Civic EX
Soon to be the proud owner of an '01 SS EX!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by lifer:
Anyone care to comment on the line that says "Due to go on sale late August"? I was sure that they'd come out in late September. Maybe this actually means that actual orders can be taken in late August for a late Sept 1st delivery.

I'm just giddy thinking about getting our 02!!

Also, Nemogira, I noticed your question about "still no sunroof". From what I understand, Honda has opted to go for safety over the "benefit" of the sunroof. A hole in the roof would reduce the integrity of the "ribcage", so I've heard.
</font>
I am first on the list in my area, and last Fri was when the Honda rep was at the dealership and took the first round of orders. So orders have been taken on some already.

2002 SS EX-L RES for ME
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,640 Posts
I'll cast the dissenting vote. The changes are all good, but the 3 features I wanted are all absent:

- Side airbags or curtains for the head

- Stability Control

- Runflat Tires

Everything else looks great. Nice to see the 240 HP comes on regular gas. If indeed it gets the same EPA estimates, I will be jealous....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
114 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by porschetr:

But don't know why the stablizer bar is thinner.
It was 24mm but now 20mm.
</font>
The softer front stabilizer reduces understeer. Since the springs are stiffer, it should provide a slightly more sporty ride.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Ody 2002?!? No way!
You are missing a big picture. Who cares about 2002 model. What are you talking about? Just a few minor changes. Let me tell you about 2003 model. 2003 will be the real story. How can you skip 2003? Get real people! However, the biggest surprise will be 2004. ..Oh boy ...2004 will change the market... and trust me ... 2005 will make things even better, ... you shouldn't forget 2005 ... and 2006 ... oh, 2006, I can't tell you about 2006 ... because you could ask me about 2007 ... and I can't really tell you anything about 2007 because ... 2008 .. the mother of all new minivans will be built in 2008 ... and that will prepare 2009 "the Great" ... oh 2009 ... so good ... and you would think that 2010 will be the same ... but 2010 ... oh, I can't tell you ... I just can't ... please don't ask ... please ...


P.S. Guys, have you seen the latest 1.5 GHz PC? Awesome! I think it's time to retire my old 1.1 Ghz...it's so slooow... it's useless ...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Glad I got my JDM taillights for free.
Finally they got leather. We had it installed before we even picked up our Ody. I *don't* like the new wheels. Wonder if the middle-row cupholders can be retrofitted once someone wrecks one and I can scavenge...

Heated seats are cool too. Wonder if *that* can be retrofitted from a wreck...



------------------
'00 Ody EX Navi
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,441 Posts
dsalfred, what specification tab? Where did you see the info about the new 60 series tires?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
What can I say? The 02 model is surely the best of the best. Now, I'm thinking trading my 01 LX. But I'm also thinking what will Honda do for the 2003 model to surpass this. Maybe, getting some inspiration from the VW Microbus concept. For those who haven't heard of the Microbus, you can check it out at http://www.vw.com/concept

Peter
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
It's okay. I will wait until I run my 2001 Ody EX into the ground (or 100,000 miles) before worrying about the newest model. With the way I'm driving kids around to birthday parties, after school activities, and other things, I'm sure I'll be there before anyone realize it. Good luck!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
83 Posts
We've got our '02 White EX on order and I'm excited. I'll have to agree with MRMIATA on the wheels. I think I'd much rather have the '01 alloys. Maybe after I see them for a while they'll grow on me.


<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by mrmiata:
Glad I got my JDM taillights for free.
Finally they got leather. We had it installed before we even picked up our Ody. I *don't* like the new wheels. Wonder if the middle-row cupholders can be retrofitted once someone wrecks one and I can scavenge...

Heated seats are cool too. Wonder if *that* can be retrofitted from a wreck...

</font>
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
62 Posts
Sinbad,
When you go to the Hondanews site under the image link, the far left will show a listing of Honda models. Click on the Odyssey line and sub-categories such a pricing and specifications etc. pops underneath Odyssey. There are then two titles on the main screen listing either 2001 or 2002 specs. Choose 2002 obviously and half-way down you will see the new tires listed. Play around a little and I'm sure you'll come across it.
Dan

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by sinbad:
dsalfred, what specification tab? Where did you see the info about the new 60 series tires?</font>
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ChadK:
As a current owner of a '96 Grand Caravan with more problems then there is time here to detail, I'm somewhat paranoid about "changes" to the Ody for '02. Both physical and a new production plant. Should I be? Should I wait till spring/summer for them to work out the details or am I being overly cautious? Thoughts anyone??

</font>
I would rather have one out of the Canadian plant, at least for a year or so. The new plant is biting off quite a bit: new employees, new assembly, new stamping, new casting, new engine assembly, new paint shop, etc etc etc. Honda is very good at this, but given the choice I'd go with the experienced producers up in Canda (incidentally, the Canadian plant started up as a second line, with engines imported from an existing Honda engine plant . . they were dealing with a new line and a new model, but at least they had experienced employees, engines from an experienced plant, etc . . there's a lot that's brand new in Alabama)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
You guys absolutely right. I used to think 210 horses were perfectly adequate for a minivan. Just knowing I can have 240 just makes 210 unacceptable. The four wheel disk brakes? How'd I live without them before now?

The real kicker, though, is that awesome new Honda H on the front of the grille. That's enough for me. I just can't be happy with the "new and improved" honda H.

I really, really, really think its worth taking the hit now on depreciation on my 6-month old '01 Ody.

Come to think of it, our SS Ody just isn't doing the job for us . . especially without that new, improved, fresher, with power crystals bigger H hanging off the front.

------------------
'01 SS Honda Odyssey EX
'99 F150 XL Supercab
'00 Kawasaki ZR-7


[This message has been edited by gram_parsons (edited 08-06-2001).]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
141 Posts
Wow, gran_parsons... (and others)

Such scathing sarcasm... why don't we call calm down and let others feel however they please.

It's great to vent/express yourself on here, but these types of sarcastic posts are clearly attacking others' perspectives.

You're probably just jealous anyway =P

No seriously.. deal w/ it how you want.. but if we can lay off trying to make others feel stupid, that'd be grrreeaaattt...

------------------
2001 Mesa Beige EX
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by odydriver:
Ody 2002?!? No way!
You are missing a big picture. Who cares about 2002 model. What are you talking about? Just a few minor changes. Let me tell you about 2003 model. 2003 will be the real story. How can you skip 2003? Get real people! However, the biggest surprise will be 2004. ..Oh boy ...2004 will change the market... and trust me ... 2005 will make things even better, ... you shouldn't forget 2005 ... and 2006 ... oh, 2006, I can't tell you about 2006 ... because you could ask me about 2007 ... and I can't really tell you anything about 2007 because ... 2008 .. the mother of all new minivans will be built in 2008 ... and that will prepare 2009 "the Great" ... oh 2009 ... so good ... and you would think that 2010 will be the same ... but 2010 ... oh, I can't tell you ... I just can't ... please don't ask ... please ...


P.S. Guys, have you seen the latest 1.5 GHz PC? Awesome! I think it's time to retire my old 1.1 Ghz...it's so slooow... it's useless ...
</font>
Thanks odydriver,you made me feel better with my 1 month old SS '01



------------------
JERRY
01' SS EX,MUD FLAPS,WEATHERTECH MATS,WHEEL LOCKS
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by pummal:
Wow, gran_parsons... (and others)

Such scathing sarcasm... why don't we call calm down and let others feel however they please.

It's great to vent/express yourself on here, but these types of sarcastic posts are clearly attacking others' perspectives.

</font>
So we can have differing opinions, so long as they don't differ enough so that everyone everywhere can have warm net-fuzzies about themselves?

Yep, that's what we're all about. Life, liberty, and self-esteem.

It has nothing to do with jealousy . . if I had a case of minivan envy I could certainly solve it with my own income. I for one have decided to stop being a slave to that same old grind.

It has everything to do with looking around at everything around me and noticing how much of a loser's game our endless cycle of consumption is. If I have to be a smartass to open someone's eyes to it--or at least bring it up amid this orgy of materialistic euphoria--then I'll be a smartass.

And whoever it is that hands out these net-ninny police licenses, I wish they'd slow down a bit. Enough already.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
Gram-Parsons said:
" I for one have decided to stop being a slave to that same old grind. "It has everything to do with looking around at everything around me and noticing how much of a loser's game our endless cycle of consumption is. If I have to be a smartass to open someone's eyes to it--or at least bring it up amid this orgy of materialistic euphoria--then I'll be a smartass."

Your kidding aren't you? Or is this anti-slavery thing a 2002 New Year's Resolution? Aren't these your "consumptions" you listed on your previous posts?

'01 SS Honda Odyssey EX
'99 F150 XL SUPER Cab
'00 Kawasaki ZR-T
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
141 Posts
One more and then I'll shut up


I agree with you fundamentally that we should be able to speak our mind w/o inhibition. However, that is my purely logical brain talking... I've learned over time that being sensitive to others is just as important as getting my point across.

So, to say that chasing the latest and greatest is not your goal does not require ridiculing people who, for various reasons, wish to pursue what they really want instead of settling for what they have.

I guess what I'm trying to advocate against is making our points through sarcasm and ridicule; If only because it eventually leads to nothing more than a bunch of negativity.

Certainly I can't stop you from doing what you want... I suppose I'm just overreacting a bit from being spoiled by so LITTLE of this type of negativity on this board.

Here's hoping it is short lived


------------------
2001 Mesa Beige EX
 
41 - 60 of 72 Posts
Top