Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if it is possible to put the Honda dashboard backup camera in the 2011 EX model? There wasn't enough money in the budget for an EX-L, but I really wanted the standard backup camera.

So I found the tailgate camera online. And a diagram for the Navigation Display parts.

But I can't tell if other parts are necessary. Or if all necessary wiring is already in place.

Would appreciate any thoughts.

Thanks.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I would like to know the answer to this too. I just got a 2012 and I have the i mid display. If I have time I will dig into the tailgate to see if wiring is in place. Can you post the link to the camera?

·
Registered
190 Posts
I have been told that there is an interface module that can make the i mid an appropriate screen for the camera, does anyone know any more info about this? Does anyone know if the i mid has a RCA plug on the back?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey do you have 2012 Odyssey EX owner have power tailgate?
I dont, im just wonder if were suppose to have it or not
and i am still unable to change the wallpaper on the MID

·
Registered
190 Posts
If you want factory power tailgate and factory camera thru imid, than you need the ex-l. After some issues, which the dealer was very good in helping us out with, we went with an ex-l to get the extra features, the only thing we did not want was the leather seats....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Same question. Is here anyone knows if the dashboard display in EX 2012 can receive the input signal from a backup camera? I checked the manual and didn't find the answer. Thanks.

Does anyone know if it is possible to put the Honda dashboard backup camera in the 2011 EX model? There wasn't enough money in the budget for an EX-L, but I really wanted the standard backup camera.

So I found the tailgate camera online. And a diagram for the Navigation Display parts.

But I can't tell if other parts are necessary. Or if all necessary wiring is already in place.

Would appreciate any thoughts.

Thanks.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Nomorenow, has an aftermarket camera that he installed on his 2012 LX. Just search for his detailed posts and he can shed light on your questions.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am also trying to find out the same thing. the screen is able to show the photos of albums.. so it should work. but was anyone successful?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Since I wound up going with the EXL I did not dig into this further, call around to local install shops in your area, find a high end one, and see if they can do it. There has got to be some type of interface out there that will make it work...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts