Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That didn't take long: the new Honda Odyssey minivan is already being recalled.

If you live in warm climates, you probably won't care much about this one, even though you'll want to get it fixed anyway. It seems that the 33,341 model-year 2011 Odysseys need to have the windshield wiper linkage rod replaced.

Reason: The linkage could bend if the windshield wipers freeze under snow or ice and stick to the glass. That would mess up the wipers and they won't work the next time the driver encounters rain, snow, sleet or cloud of angry bees that squish themselves in a big yellow glob.

Honda says no one has crashed or been hurt from the windshield wiper problem, Honda says.

USA Today

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Honda recalls nearly 3,000 vehicles in Canada

TORONTO - Honda says it is recalling 2,908 model-year 2011 Odyssey vehicles in Canada to replace the front windshield wiper linkage rod.

The automaker says it is implementing the recall because the front windshield wipers could become frozen to the windshield after extended parking in freezing temperatures combined with ice and snow.

If the wiper is activated while frozen, it could damage the linkage rod, preventing normal operation of the front wipers.

It says no crashes or injuries have been reported due to the defect.

The company encourages owners of affected vehicles to bring them into an authorized dealer as soon as they receive notification.

Notification to customers will begin by mid-April.

Canadian Business Online

·
Registered
687 Posts
Thank God winter is ending up here. No more below freezing temperatures.

This way I can wait and get it fixed with my next service appointment. Now the battery management system...hmmm?

:rollingeyes:

·
Registered
730 Posts
I saw this in the TSB section earlier but it's gone now.

·
Registered
730 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
It is there I believe (TSB 11-017), let me close the loop, here is the link:

http://www.odyclub.com/forums/54-20...y-technical-service-bulletins.html#post646729
Just a quick FYI, but follow the above link to see the TSB.

As per the bulletin, the recall applies to:

• 2011 Odyssey LX : from VIN 5FNRL5H2.BB006767 thru 5FNRL5H2.BB034357
  • 2011 Odyssey EX : from VIN 5FNRL5H4.BB001001 thru 5FNRL5H4.BB034405
  • 2011 Odyssey EX-L : from VIN 5FNRL5H6.BB001061 thru 5FNRL5H6.BB034420
  • 2011 Odyssey Touring : from VIN 5FNRL5H9.BB001031 thru 5FNRL5H9.BB034297

·
Registered
810 Posts
Will this affect the wind noise that many owners have complained about?

·
Registered
68 Posts
@ Destroyer - Yes, i was thinking the same, are those VIn numbers including the Elites?

·
Registered
118 Posts
@ shazzam- yes the elite package has titanium forged wiper arms and grade 8 stainless 12 point hardware. Dont get crazy shazzam- just askin a simple question. Thats what forums are for. To "learn" and "share" information. Please dont be a forum wiseguy. Its not very becoming. yours truly- destroyer

·
Banned
728 Posts
@ shazzam- yes the elite package has titanium forged wiper arms and grade 8 stainless 12 point hardware. Dont get crazy shazzam- just askin a simple question. Thats what forums are for. To "learn" and "share" information. Please dont be a forum wiseguy. Its not very becoming. yours truly- destroyer
You "elite" guys paid $13,000 more (in Canada) than EX owners for a 6 speed, leather, sunroof, 18's and some toys. I'm sorry to disappoint you but the rest of the van is exactly the same. I'd don't know how they can call it elite if it is basically the same van. :huh:

·
Registered
26 Posts
You "elite" guys paid $13,000 more (in Canada) than EX owners for a 6 speed, leather, sunroof, 18's and some toys. I'm sorry to disappoint you but the rest of the van is exactly the same. I'd don't know how they can call it elite if it is basically the same van. :huh:
Hey, Shazzam. Trim levels appeal to all different types of people. There are plenty of reasons to buy Elite. You forgot a safety feature: the Blind Spot Indicators. Really love these guys when changing lanes. Won't be long before all cars have the radar sensors.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hey, Shazzam. Trim levels appeal to all different types of people. There are plenty of reasons to buy Elite. You forgot a safety feature: the Blind Spot Indicators. Really love these guys when changing lanes. Won't be long before all cars have the radar sensors.
I 2nd that. You quickly learn to use and appreciate the BSI. And don't forget the HID's. Old folks like me need that extra light.

·
Registered
687 Posts
And I am enjoying every penny of it!

·
Registered
118 Posts
@ shazzam- hahahaha so are you just mad at the name "elite" ? B/c from now on I'll just refer to my van as " the model above touring" in future posts if that makes you feel better. Hopefully in 5 years when they redesign the odyssey they will be more considerate of your " feelings" and maybe name it something like " Touring- really good package"

·
Registered
27 Posts
Touring has 6 speed, leather, sunroof, 18" wheels, memory seats and mirror, fog lights, RES, NAV that is not on EX.

How can it be same van then? What am I missing ?

In that theory my Accord has 4 wheels and a body, does it make it same as BMW, because it is a car ?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts