Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If i order the honda remote start and install it myself, is the vehicle drivable to get to a dealer for final setup?

skip

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi, don't have answer to your question and not sure if you already bought the remote, but. . . Our dealer (who has been trustworthy) says DON'T buy Honda remote. He says the range on them is extremely poor. He told us Honda won't back the range claim at all. (Note this could be a difference between Honda Canada and Honda America). After many situations of the dealership eating the labour to UNINSTALL many Honda remotes, this dealership basically stopped installing them. . . Unless the customer BEGS, and signs acknowledgment that range issues will be excluded from the warranty. The dealership now offers several models of after-market remote starters for install at the dealership.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yes I heard of this as well that the range for factory auto start is not that great. You are better off aftermarket or better yet just dont install one.

·
Registered
45 Posts
i have honda remote start intalled and i like it, i bought the part online and having dealr installed for $180 (2 hours of labor).

·
Registered
42 Posts
I thought about purchasing the Honda remote start (easier when you have twins) and I'm glad I caught this thread. Does anybody have a recommendation if not Honda's remote start?

Thanks!
-Moto

1 - 7 of 7 Posts