Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally watched the included instructional video on my RES. There is definitely more information in there than the owner's manual, I highly recommend everyone taking the time to give it a look.

My question, it shows how to use the display button to stop the screen from stretching 4:3 aspect ratio movies to fill the entire screen (nice if you don't care for the distortion that doing that causes). However, if you watch many 4:3 movies, will the black vertical bars eventually burn in on the screen, or is that not a problem with LCD type displays?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hi viper,

LCD/DLP sets don't suffer burn-in like crts. Yes, the imprint will show over time (memory effect). But if you turn keep the set long enough, the pixels will return to its original state and remove the memory effect on the screen.

Thanks,
Errol

------------------
Keohi Web Design
Keohi HDTV

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by errol:
Hi viper,

LCD/DLP sets don't suffer burn-in like crts. Yes, the imprint will show over time (memory effect). But if you turn keep the set long enough, the pixels will return to its original state and remove the memory effect on the screen.

Thanks,
Errol

</font>
Thanks for the tip, I knew about CRT but I wasn't sure about LCD. This tells me that for almost every movie I will leave the display setting on "Normal" instead of Full that it is set to now. On normal it will do the black bars on 4:3 but will display 16:9 on the entire screen. The kids probably don't care that things look squatty, but it bugs me. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts