Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just joined this forum. Trying to decide between Sienna and the Odyssey. Never had a Honda product before. Currently own a Nissan Pathfinder, manual transmission with 95,000 miles. All original parts never replaced anything but brakes and tires. Also previously owned a 1993 Camry with over 100,000. Never had any problems.

Looking to purchase a 2007 Odyssey EX-L. The best price I got so far is 30K (out the door with tax and tags). I have several questions about this model:

1. The cylinder deactivation system. Sounds like it can be a problem down the road due to the extra technology. Does anyone have this system and are there any known problems?

2. I like low RPM engines and was wondering if anyone knows what the RPM is at 70-75 mph?

3. Did Odyssey fix the electric doors problems that were common in the early models?

4. Haw is the noise level at highway speeds?

5. How is it in comparison to Sienna?

All responses, comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
14 Posts
2007 Odyssey or Sienna

I had 1999 Odyssey, 1st year Honda made V6, and I had 154000 miles, still running good. I would like to respones to #4 question:

At 70 mph, engine alsway runs ~ 2000 rpm, I tried on Sienna and any Toyota V6, all run from 2400 to 2500 rpm, another thing I wanted to add, with Honda you will get better handling/maneuverability, just test drive Sienna and Odyssey you will see. Thanks.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Both are good vehicles. Do you prefer to float or feel the road? Test drive!

·
Registered
15 Posts
looked at both

I went with the oddysey. Didn't like the exposed wires on the power doors and the red turn signal lights on the sienna.

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
Drive them both extensively before you buy.........I mean extensively.....They make your choice

·
Registered
348 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts