Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
1,484 Posts
Thanks for the update. Hmm...I wonder if they're gonna provide the installation instructions (LOL). I also wonder how much it's gonna cost? The shapes a little odd. But I'd still buy it.

-nemogira

·
Registered
75 Posts
Honda hasn't given out any info on it yet. What I saw listed its release for the start of April so we may have some more info on it shortly, unless they are running late on it like most of the other accessories this year.

-Trevor

·
Registered
354 Posts
I just hope the instructions don't begin something like this:

"If alraedy equiped with an optional subwoofer under the driver's seat, the subwoofer must be relocated under the front passenger's seat, in place of the optional CD changer which was previousely relocated under the front passenger's seat in place of the front passenger's underseat storage tray."

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have a feeling
that once that Honda Video System becomes available, the first ten units Trevor sells will be to members of this forum.

Talk about targeting your customers.

[This message has been edited by MarioB (edited 03-22-2001).]

·
Registered
148 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by bobf58:
I just hope the instructions don't begin something like this:

"If alraedy equiped with an optional subwoofer under the driver's seat, the subwoofer must be relocated under the front passenger's seat, in place of the optional CD changer which was previousely relocated under the front passenger's seat in place of the front passenger's underseat storage tray."
</font>
Actually it will be more like:
"if you have previously installed a CD Changer, Sub-woofer, and have a Navigation system, or if you have a cassette deck, CD Changer and pull out slide drawer, or if you have any other optional Honda accessory...
this product will be incompatible with any of these combinations -- See your dealer for details"

[This message has been edited by hip (edited 03-22-2001).]

·
Registered
154 Posts
Now I don't know what to do. I like the idea of getting the official Honda accessories, but that screen looks a little small.

I was really thinking that headrest screens would be more functional (and look cooler too).

[This message has been edited by Lorax (edited 03-22-2001).]

·
Registered
148 Posts
Lorax,
I agree, I would wait for the price and specs to come out before deciding. There are some areas that Honda doesn't excel in, this may be one of them. If they were truly innovative, they would have developed a unit that was unique. My idea was to have an entertainment system that mounted to the flip-up tray table. A unique design that would fold flat onto the table so it would still flip down when not in use. When you flip the table up, it would unfold and be adjustable in all directions, vertical, horizontal and swivel. Now that would be worth buying!
=Hy=

·
Registered
154 Posts
I've been meaning to bring this up - this seems the perfect time.

One of my other mod-obsessions is my 325is. I follow a BMW forum (though I haven't been there in a while).

Frequently group purchases were organized to get particularly popular items.

Someone would get discount pricing from a particular seller (like Trevor from Handa) conditioned upon a specific number of purchasers. All the orders usually must be submitted by a specified deadline for the pricing to apply. (Of course, you could always back out if the number was not met.)

Some of you are probably familiar with this. I participated in one to get an intake - saved 20%.

Anyway, something to think about if this product turns out to be really good. I'm sure it won't be cheap, so the potential savings could be significant.

P.S. I wonder what the woman above could be watching. She seems inordinately happy.

[This message has been edited by Lorax (edited 03-23-2001).]

·
Registered
154 Posts
It just occured to me - Trevor says release "start of April", i.e. April First.

Should we be suspicious of remarkable or greatly anticipated events claimed to be occurring on April First?

(Just kidding, Trevor
)

·
Registered
185 Posts
Great idea Lorax!

I know of several forum sites that have a Group Buy section where vendors offer up discounts to members.

Jim, do you think you can arrange something with our online vendor friends? ... handaaccessories, partscheap, hondapartsforyou, .......

Thanks,
Errol

------------------
Keohi Web Design
Keohi HDTV

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by errol:
Jim, do you think you can arrange something with our online vendor friends? ... handaaccessories, partscheap, hondapartsforyou, .......
</font>
I'll see what I can do. I'm a big fan of group deals. Sometimes to get special pricing you have to give up speedy delivery.

------------------
Jim
'01 GG EX

·
Premium Member
1,212 Posts
I think a group deal may be in the works for the video system. We'll wait on the details of Honda's pricing and availability and go from there. I'll keep you posted.

------------------
Jim
'01 GG EX

·
Registered
75 Posts
Just got a bit more info on the video unit. It is VHS and comes with 2 wireless headphones.

Still no price or solid eta.

-Trevor

·
Registered
148 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by TAllen:
Just got a bit more info on the video unit. It is VHS and comes with 2 wireless headphones.

Still no price or solid eta.

-Trevor
</font>
What, no DVD! What kinda junk you pushing on us here?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
"...It is VHS and comes with 2 wireless headphones."

Hm...it makes you wonder where Honda plans to locate the VHS player.

You would think that with all the new DVD players being introduced, Honda would come up with something similar. Well, they just lost one potential customer....me.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I might still go for it as long as it has inputs for a DVD player.

·
Registered
126 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by hgani:
"...It is VHS and comes with 2 wireless headphones."

Hm...it makes you wonder where Honda plans to locate the VHS player.

You would think that with all the new DVD players being introduced, Honda would come up with something similar. Well, they just lost one potential customer....me.
</font>
In Trevor's picture, is that the tape slot in front of the unit?

1 - 20 of 78 Posts