1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you have a horrific experience like I did at:
Tonkin Honda or
Tonkin Gresham Honda

Honda wants to hear about it.....this link will give you the info you need to contact Honda.
If a salesman is rude or straight up lies to you, now you can tell Honda directly.

http://automobiles.honda.com/info/customer_relations.asp

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
bobnjig said:
Honda wants to hear about it.....this link will give you the info you need to contact Honda.
If a salesman is rude or straight up lies to you, now you can tell Honda directly.
That is their geneal customer service line. What is Honda going to do with this information? :confused:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Well...they may have a link and I've called the number directly, only to have to wait a week before any one contacted me.

Long story short, a person took my infomation, told me that someone would be assigned my account and would contact me within three business days!!!
I called on a Monday afternoon, and thought by Thursday I would be contacted worst case. On Thursday afternoon I called Honda and was told I should be contacted by Friday. Late Friday afternoon I called again to be told; person assigned had left early that day....the next Tuesday was contacted only to tell me they had spoken with the Dealer and had I to deal with them on my issues. They are, were no help so far.

I'm very dissappointed with Honda. This is the first Honda I've owned, have slight issues that the dealer and now Honda will not stand behind.
This is not what I've heard of about Honda. So if Honda doesn't seem to care about customer satisfaction then there are many other well made cars out there next time I purchase....

I for one am on a word of mouth Marketing campaign to make sure everyone that wants my advice is to not but a Honda and not buy or use the dealer I bought my Honda from.

It's dissappointing to have joined this Forum to learn more about caring for and leaning about my Honda Odyssey through others. Have pride of ownership, to now have to use it to share negative concerns.
Overall I think Honda has a good product...but I will not be treated as I have and continue to purchase or promote their products....

Cheers- Odyisland...out!

·
Registered
616 Posts
Honda corporation has told me on multiple occasions they have NO control over what their dealerships do. I do not completely believe it, but I believe that is a pretty bad business idea Honda Corporation has come up with.

My 2-cents
Brian

·
Registered
35 Posts
Dealer AH

BrainB -

That's right they do say they have no control on Dealerships...so my question is why even have a customer service link....

They did say that they can help with warranty issues...that will be interesting to see.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
BrianB said:
Honda corporation has told me on multiple occasions they have NO control over what their dealerships do. I do not completely believe it, but I believe that is a pretty bad business idea Honda Corporation has come up with.
I find that hard to believe. Why does Honda Corp send out those surveys? And why do dealerships panic over getting all 5s? If Honda had no control over dealerships then those surveys would have no effect on dealerships. And since the dealerships always beg for 5s, then the surveys must mean something, and therefore Honda must have some degree of control over dealers.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Dealers

SteveP - I agree you would think Dealers would care.
I have found that as soon as you give a critical review, you don't seem to get any follow up calls or reviews.
We used to have a form with our bill to fill out...follow up phone calls. Ever since we were not giving 5s, We now we ask for it and no more phone calls....

·
Registered
2 Posts
The Larry H. Miller Honda dealership in Murray, UT sold me an Odyssey with an open recall. Honda is maybe making them take it back but told me its only because the dealer sold it with a Certified Pre-Owned warranty, other than that they wouldn't be able to help me. The dealer was still giving me the run around, and I told Honda that and asked what they will do if the dealer doesn't take it back. All he said was "they said they will take it back, I just talked to them." I went into the dealer again and they cancelled my contract. Still not sure what Honda would have done if they hadn't or if they can actually make the dealer take it back. :-(

·
Registered
828 Posts
The Larry H. Miller Honda dealership in Murray, UT sold me an Odyssey with an open recall. Honda is maybe making them take it back but told me its only because the dealer sold it with a Certified Pre-Owned warranty, other than that they wouldn't be able to help me. The dealer was still giving me the run around, and I told Honda that and asked what they will do if the dealer doesn't take it back. All he said was "they said they will take it back, I just talked to them." I went into the dealer again and they cancelled my contract. Still not sure what Honda would have done if they hadn't or if they can actually make the dealer take it back. :-(
I think that is a violation of the law in most states! Check with your state's attorney general or consumer affairs department.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts