Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have Hondacare and I need to replace my tires. My question is, do I have to go to the dealer for new tires or I can have them replaced anywhere without affecting Hondacare warranty ?

Thanks !

·
Registered
389 Posts
sunak said:
Hi,

I have Hondacare and I need to replace my tires. My question is, do I have to go to the dealer for new tires or I can have them replaced anywhere without affecting Hondacare warranty ?

Thanks !
You're serious, right? Tires are a wear item and you can go wherever you want to have them replaced.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply :) Much appreciated.
I didn't have my Hondacare doc handy, and wasn't sure if there is any small print/legalspeak there.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Maybe I phrased my question wrongly.
What I really wanted to ask was
"will I void my warranty if I don't replace the tires at Honda dealer"

·
Registered
513 Posts
I read the original post as asking if having tires sold and installed by someone else could void the warranty. Some people (dealers?) try to push the idea that all service has to be done at a Honda dealership for the warranty to remain valid, so it is not that far fetched a question. It may depend on where you Live but here service can be done anywhere, but you need to keep receipts.

And, actually, tires can impact the warranty if you get tires that are a different size than the OEM tires. My dealer's sevice guy told me they go by a 3% rule, so 225/70R16 would be ok to replace the OEM 235/65R16, but 50s would not.

Nicolas

·
Registered
389 Posts
sunak said:
Do I sense sarcasm ?
Having fun at my expense ?
Cool, guys!
Enjoy.
My apologies, you're right. "nicomtl" makes a good point. As long as you stay within recommended spec you should be fine. Welcome to the club.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Well, I read it and scratched my head wondering how HondaCare and tire replacement could be seen as linked in any way by an informed car enthusiast. Then I remembered that Odys are driven and loved by just normal people (such as those without my "car disease"), too. Everyone can love a Honda.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts