Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there is are several Hondacare threads, but most of the posts on them are very old, and my question is very specific, so I'm posting a new thread. Please don't hate me.

I just found out about the .9% financing offer yesterday so it looks we're going to buy our van now rather than wait till my wife comes off of maternity leave. That said, we may buy as soon as tomorrow.

I'm doing the internet dance with many dealers and they are all talking about $2,000 plus for the 8yr/120 zero deductible plan. I know there are these dealers out of state that offer the same plan for much less, but they can't sell to residents of CA.

Does anyone have links, advice, or reference prices for that plan (or similar if you mention which) purchased for CA ? (Souther CA, if it matters)

Thanks, and thank for not hating on the new thread.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just bought new odyssey and trying to find best price for honda care for california residents. Saccucci in RI has quoted $1295 for 8/120k/0 deductible. I called and confirmed that they would sell to california customers.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought there was some kind of legal restriction on out-of-state dealers selling Hondacare to CA residents, which is why the dealer that everybody on here talks about being such a great place to buy Hondacare won't sell to CA (among other states) residents.

It would seem odd that it is only between/among certain states.

I just sent them an email and I will call tomorrow - thanks.

Just out of curiosity, what kind of prices did you get quoted from resellers in CA ?

·
Super Moderator
13,638 Posts
There are multiple Honda Care for CA buyers threads in the dedicated warranty forum. Please try and post in correct forums in the future.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi. Perhaps you can help me understand something then. Before I posted and started the new thread, I did do a search for HONDACARE CALIFORNIA and I did find a few threads, but the most-recent posts in them was like 2008 I believe, and most were older.

If I am interested in getting input from people about recent transactions, wouldn't a new thread be the only real way ? I mean, once I become a new Ody owner and a month passes, I would never wander in to the Warranty thread, and I don't imagine other people would either, so I would miss-out on possibly valuable information, no ?

·
Super Moderator
13,638 Posts
The reason I kept this one open is because the other threads are older. So, the problem is not that you opened a new thread. But we do have a warranty forum for a reason. If everyone just posted in the generation specific forums, we wouldn't need the non-generational forums at all. So, all warranty related threads should go to the warranty forum which is where I moved this instead of the usual locking that I do. I believe Hyannis cannot sell you the warranty online but if you call them, I belive they can. Have you tried calling Bob and asking like the other threads say? Next option is Saccucci. Try calling them both and see if either will sell to CA buyers over the phone. They used to as late as last year.

·
Registered
159 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just pulled the trigger on extended warranty from RI (Saccucci Honda) and it was breeze. Paid. $1295 for 8yrs/120K. Thanks for everyone's help.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So ... Anybody finally got the Honda care for CA state? I am looking for a hondacare and I am in CA. Any help appreciated. I already have saccucci link.. but all I need to know is can i use it in CA? if not which honda care can i use?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I got the warranty from Saccucci in Sept, and I'm located in southern California. You will get the Vehicle Service Contract in the mail in about 10 days and its from Honda Financial Services directly. On the inside page, it has your information printed, issuing dealer printed, and contract number. On the back side, it has 2 credit card size cards for the roadside assistance information. Everything is legit. I went with the 8yr/100k warranty and have a piece of mind until 2020!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm a new Oddy owner, bought a 2013 EX-L couple of weeks ago. I'm also planing on the buying the warranty from Saccucci Honda but I'm bit concern that if I'll be able to use it here in CA.....just don't want to be surprised when I take my van to fix something 3.2 years from now and the dealer says oh you bought your Honda Care from out of state and you can't use it here in CA. Has anyone actually used a warranty bought out of state??

thanks,

1 - 12 of 12 Posts