Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen a cargo tray of a Honda Accord in the trunk and it seemed to be made of styrofome or some type of weak fused fomey stuff. Weathertech products that I have seen have always been a tough flexible rubber.

I have two 60 Ibs dogs and I have a suspicion that their toe nails will be poking holes in the Honda tray and rendering it useless if it is the same material as in the Accord. (I know they can't see out, but after a trip to the park with dirty feet, I'm not going to let them on the carpeting.)

Can anyone provide any personal experience on either of these cargo trays?

Thanks

P.S. I've searched, but haven't found this type of topic.

·
Registered
205 Posts
The Honda cargo tray is a rather stiff, thick black plastic item. I doubt very much that your dogs would be able to get their nails through it.

------------------
Richard
2002 Granite Green EX-L
Splash Guards, Cargo Tray, Weathertech Mats

[This message has been edited by pearsonrj (edited 02-01-2002).]

·
Registered
27 Posts
we have the Honda cargo tray (fits in the third seat storage area) and it is very good quality.
we also have the weathertech cargo mat that covers the entire area from the back of the second row seats to the rear door when the third row seat is folded away this also has a 2 inch lip all around the outer edge that would confine any spills in the back area, this is made of good quality material and would with stand dog toe nails.

·
Registered
47 Posts
We also have the Weathertech cargo mat that covers the area from the 2nd seats to the back of the van. It is very sturdy. My Giant Schnauzer (weights 96lbs.)has walked all over the mat and hasn't done any harm to it. We ordered the mat 'before the horse', so to speak. It's been lying on our living room floor for several months....just waiting for it's Ody. I'm afraid our dog will wear it out before we get the Ody! Really, the Weathertech mat is great and very very sturdy.

Schnauzer

·
Registered
149 Posts
Well I ordered a full set of Interlocking Weathertech mats this past Friday from autoanything.com http://www.autoanything.com/interlockingmats.asp .

They are supposed to cover the carpet from door to door. As far as I was told the only thing that is not covered is the area under the second row seats due to the right seat needing the area underneath clear in order to move from captains chairs to bench seats.

FYI something you may want to know. There are 4 areas that need to be covered. The front, middle (second row), magic seat, and cargo well. Note with the magic seat down, you will need a larger mat to cover the area from behind the second seat to the back down. I chose to cover the scenario of covering all areas with the magic seat up.

Autoanything.com did not have commissioned sales, were knowledgeable and very helpful. I really wanted the Husky Liners like the one I have on my CR-V, however Husky caters to trucks and SUVs

I should be getting all this stuff within the week and will post my opinion of what I get here. I hope it is as good as it looks on the web page and does indeed cover the enitre carpet door to door.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts