Honda Odyssey Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I verified with my local dealer that the '11 does not have sun visors that can move in and out on the "rod". On several trips this has been important to me with sun low in sky. My '05 Touring does have this feature.

My 05 has adjustable pedals that can move in and out to fit drivers of different heights. Don't believe this is available on the '11.

The '11 is missing roof rack but this is obvious and can be added for those who need it.

Bottom line the '11 certainly has a lot of new features but Honda has dropped others that were of value.

Last item, reviewing various owner's gas mileage and comparing with my '05, I see about 2 MPG gain, nice but not overwhelming.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I was bummed to hear the adjustable pedals were no longer available as well. But I've read the new steering wheel is telescoping so I think that was Honda's answer for helping drivers of different sizes (instead of having the adjustable pedals). My wife is short but we haven't test drove the new van yet.

·
Registered
798 Posts
SteveV said:
I was bummed to hear the adjustable pedals were no longer available as well. But I've read the new steering wheel is telescoping so I think that was Honda's answer for helping drivers of different sizes (instead of having the adjustable pedals). My wife is short but we haven't test drove the new van yet.
The telescoping steering wheel was added in at least 08 and I think 07. So all 07, 08, 09, & 2010 Tourings had both adjustable pedals and telescoping steering wheel, so it couldn't have been a replacement. There were quite a few features axed from the previous gen.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Cntrtwnltd said:
The telescoping steering wheel was added in at least 08 and I think 07. So all 07, 08, 09, & 2010 Tourings had both adjustable pedals and telescoping steering wheel, so it couldn't have been a replacement. There were quite a few features axed from the previous gen.
There are quite a few important things the 2011 touring gained over the 2010 touring, 6 spd automatic transmission, better brakes that dont fade, 4 more hp, faster 0-60mph, 8.1 vs 8.8 in 1 review and most important, 3mpg better highway and 2mpg city vs 2010 in EPA testing

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.