Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Odyssey Owners

I finally found a very nice aftermarket Hood Deflector for
the 05+06 Odyssey. I've been looking for one for quite a long time. I purchased it from:

AutoSeattle.com
Fine Automotive Accessories
Ph. 206.729.7599 Fax 206.729.8366
http://www.autoseattle.com/

I paid about $75.00 + shipping.
http://www.autoseattle.com/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=hd9G05

2006 Honda Odyssey EXL+RES+NAVI
FogLight
Billet Grill
Focus Hood Deflector

·
Registered
224 Posts
Excellent choice! I personally like the way it "wraps" around the hood and follows the contours very nicely. Much better coverage than the OEM solution IMO.

·
Registered
254 Posts
We have the same one. :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool !!! It is a very nice deflector. I think is is more attractive and gives better protection that the oem deflector. It is also less expensive.

·
Registered
224 Posts
lexusguy said:
Cool !!! It is a very nice deflector. I think is is more attractive and gives better protection that the oem deflector. It is also less expensive.
Well said.. I need to post a pic of my Slate Green Ody w/ the deflector...

·
Registered
14 Posts
deflector

I saw a post from someone that these focus deflector caused a bad "whistling" sound while driving. Can anyone else post their experiences? I went ahead and ordered the Honda OEM deflector, but these look very nice also. The whistling comment and the fact that I had no firm installation instructions to view made me go for the OEM version.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Re: deflector

pyotr said:
I saw a post from someone that these focus deflector caused a bad "whistling" sound while driving. Can anyone else post their experiences? I went ahead and ordered the Honda OEM deflector, but these look very nice also. The whistling comment and the fact that I had no firm installation instructions to view made me go for the OEM version.
No, it doesnt.

Our whistling was caused by our windshield moldings.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No Problems here1

I put my deflector on about a month ago. I've had no whistling problems. All my driving with the Odyssey is on the highway. I just came back from Jacksonville Florida and my speed was 65-90 miles an hr. No problems with any whistling.

·
Registered
31 Posts
How easy is the install on those deflectors (OEM or the aftermarket)...I am not the greatest DIY guy out there and I do not want to hack my new Ody....

THanks in advance for the reply...

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm getting my Oddy this weekend and was gonna purchase the oem deflectors but these look pretty cool. I was wondering, do the oem or these after market hood deflectors cause any extra/noticeable noise at all. This goes the same for the window deflectors. I would hate to add anything to the car that would increase inside cabin noise. I do alot of highway miles and hit 100 at times.

·
Registered
254 Posts
NathanSr said:
2Hondas,

thanks for the real world pic. It has convinced me to purchase one.

NathanSr
No Problem.

·
Registered
275 Posts
These look very nice.

Does anyone has pic comparing this one, the WeatherTech and OEM side by side?

Do you need to drill new holes for installation or everything is snap on?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Order it

I called AutoSeattle and ordered the form-fit deflector. They dropped the shipping price to $24 instead of $20 as mentioned in another thread.

Should be here in a couple of days. I have a Las Vegas trip coming up for Memorial weekend and can't wait to take the Ody out. :)

Next up is window visors.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'm glad you're all happy with these, but what do these deflectors do? I suppose they keep nicks off the paint on the hood, but what else?

My guess is they may also interfere a bit with visibility and with aerodynamics, so I need more information.

THANKS

1 - 18 of 18 Posts