Honda Odyssey Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I'm shopping for a hood deflector, OEM or aftermarket. If anyone has it installed, could you please post some pictures?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info! I was searching Internet and i see that non-OEM hood deflectors are 2-3 times cheaper than Honda's. So far i identified 2 leading non-OEM manufactures : Auto Ventshade (AVS Bug deflector II) and WeatherTech (Easy-On Stone & Bug Deflector). If anyone has experience with them, please share.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have the Weathertech, pics on my user name/profile. It is by far the best option since it has no visible hardware. The OEM has a bunch of the bolts visible whereas the Weathertech design has none. They give you some tiny rubber spacers to use but they are not needed.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks very nice Stevie! Does it use 3M tape or existing holes for hood attachment? Is it possible for you to take more closer picture from a side? I'd like to see how wide the space between hood and deflector is.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Stevie! Do you have any advice on where to order it from? I found it on official weathertech website but $20 shipping looks steep a bit.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thanks Stevie! Do you have any advice on where to order it from? I found it on official weathertech website but $20 shipping looks steep a bit.
It is steep for shipping. I always ordered it directly from Weathertech, I never really checked elsewhere......just assumed since they made it that they would sell it exclusively.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Installed last weekend AVS bugflector and Benevento Clip-on Sunroof deflector. I almost bought Weathertech but accidentally ran into sale on Amazon that i just couldn't pass -- $38+ free shipping on AVS hood deflector. It mounts and looks exactly like Weathertech, only time will tell how it'll hold.
Some people say that deflectors bring MPG down but I see no difference and they keep hood and windshield off the rock chips...This is based on my previous ownership of cars I had before Ody.

WP_000129.jpg WP_000130.jpg

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I mostly drive around the town @ 45-55 mph, so at these speeds i didn't notice any noise change. Toyota Venza I owned before had a hood deflector and we took 800 miles trip averaging 80mph, and there was no wind noise coming from deflector. I still have to see if that's the case with Odyssey. May be other owners can provide more useful info.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Do you have the link on amazon still ?

thanks

Installed last weekend AVS bugflector and Benevento Clip-on Sunroof deflector. I almost bought Weathertech but accidentally ran into sale on Amazon that i just couldn't pass -- $38+ free shipping on AVS hood deflector. It mounts and looks exactly like Weathertech, only time will tell how it'll hold.
Some people say that deflectors bring MPG down but I see no difference and they keep hood and windshield off the rock chips...This is based on my previous ownership of cars I had before Ody.

View attachment 10861 View attachment 10862

·
Registered
739 Posts
I have the 2011 OEM hood deflector. Main reason I got this is because I have gone through a number of windshields through the days, and these acoustic windshields are pricey, anything to encourage those stones to go a little higher... Secondarily, it is truly beautiful, very low profile especially against the black. Can't see it in this photo, but has a very tasteful etched Odyssey on the right side. It has kept the hood pretty blemish free and does not collect leaves and pine needles at nearly the way my SO's moonroof deflector does. Survives automatic car washes well enough and going through the winter test. Would definitely buy it again...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Try to search Amazon for "Auto Ventshade 25237" and you'll find it. But I see that the price went up after I bought it last week.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'm considering the hood deflector. Can anyone who has the OEM or Weathertech explain to me how it keeps the hood and windshield free of bugs and stones? Does it mainly help when you're at highway speeds?

·
Registered
182 Posts
I'm considering the hood deflector. Can anyone who has the OEM or Weathertech explain to me how it keeps the hood and windshield free of bugs and stones? Does it mainly help when you're at highway speeds?
I'd love an explanation too. Doesn't make sense to me when I imagine it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
StevieB (By the way, youre not that singer are you?) - Nice pictures. How are they holding up? Also, do you remove them when car washing?
Nope, not a singer :)
It is holding up great and I do not take it off to wash. I have one on my 08 Highlander Limited and it looks like new still......and I have no rock/pebble chips on it. I only bought it originally since my Mother-n-Laws Highlander had dozens of rock chips on the hood. I have no clue how it works but it does. I don't necessarily like the looks but to me it is more about protecting the paint.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts